Chapter Seventy-Two

Yearning of That One Who Wishes Silence

Sometimes, I wonder if these people crave death and lust for blood in the same manner that I do, so much that they were all so willing to head straight to their ends, meeting the edge of my sword without a single care. Or perhaps they did care, they were scared too, but that fear wasn't enough to hold them back. What awaited that determination in the end is their own corpse leaving a trail of history on the ground, and here I am anyway, stepping on their slowly decomposing bodies.

Rotting skins, dull blades, the hazy wind, and that familiar stench of blood progressing around me almost in a continuous motion. I'm tired of this. Tired of seeing people die, tired of the contempt they had before their final breath, tired of the sadness their gazes were filled at the realization they could no longer live for another day. I'm tired of it all, and every time I feel this way--I can't help but wonder when will this all stop.

Then there would be those people taking revenge, the cycle of hate never ending unless the source itself disappears. Before, I wouldn't have minded dying myself, to disappear without a trace. But I have my own people now, those ones willing to wait for my return. It's truly a burden to have them, these emotions preventing me from leaving them behind.

Another fell, my sword being imprinted on the warrior's chest as his body became one of the many that last contacted with my blade. Too many, there have been too many of them. But how much more blood do I need to take from my enemies before I finish my tasks? How much more families and friends must suffer under the loss that resulted from this power? I'm tired, exhausted of the fact that this will never truly end unless I die.

"Surrender." I demanded, my nether energy marking in every incoming opponents as they one by one fell on their knees, clutching their necks as though it would help regain back the lost oxygen.

"N-never!" One screamed, followed by another and that brought back the determination they had that they suddenly cast multiple magic circles in the air.

"Please." I whispered, raising my hand that summoned a layer of barrier in front of me, blocking the barrage of their attacks. "Surrender." It was almost a plead now, but the relentless will that fuelled their determinations did not stop.

Do they love death so much that they aren't willing to surrender? Are they like me? No, I don't think so. Whatever reason they have for fighting, it will all end the moment they block my path. Thus, with a flick of a finger, my dual blades floated around me, following the motions of my hand as they decapitated their heads off. The sight of blood raining like fountains around me was as unsightly as ever, but I've gotten too used to it that it hardly fazes me now.

I sighed, sitting over a rock as I rested my leg atop another, still motioning my swords around me. Scanning my surroundings, the city has become a barren land, bricks and boulders from buildings scattering around. Fire coiled through houses and trees, the heat crashing in against the cold of a passing spring. I've seen bodies of soldiers, but there were also signs of innocent people along the crowd of corpses underneath me.

It's a bit of a lost, seeing dozens of innocent lives perishing just because of a war that would never end until nothing is left. This country was under the rule of Black Clan, their last line of defence after I've been constantly annihilating their headquarters for the last few months along with my people from the Sect. Iyana with her Legion Army should be smoothly advancing inside the range of Magnus along with Exodus gaining momentum against the World's Organization led by Andrea.

It had been three months now since we've last seen one another. Andrea was last seen heading straight to attack the frontline forces of Magnus while Iyana attacking the rear forces of the Organization. There are eight countries in total that is surrounding Magnus, and all of those countries have been taken over.