I heard distant chatter and laughter and smiled as there would actually be some people for me to photograph. I had a pep in my step as I got closer, getting to the top of the small hill and overlooking the ice rink. There were about 15 people skating around, some holding hands, and others racing. But everyone was having a good time, which is all you can ask for. I was honestly surprised there were people here because it was almost midnight. But hey, I'm not complaining because it gets me some pictures.

I found the bench I always love to sit on and brushed off the few inches of snow that had gathered on it. I had these lightweight snow pants on, so I sat down and brought my camera up to my eye, finding the people happily going about their lives through my lens.

My camera focused on a couple first. It was a man and a woman. The man had this long black coat on and the woman had a light green puffer coat on. I could tell right away the man definitely worked down in Wall street just by the way he presented himself. The woman seemed like she would be a librarian at a smaller bookstore. I'd say that's a pretty good guess about them.

Click!

I took a few pictures of them, making sure to get their smiles in some of them. I moved my camera around for a bit and then spotted a small family on the ice. I'm shocked because the child was no more than 4 years old. But then again, for a child that young, they didn't have to worry about school yet. The mother seemed like a people person, so I'm guessing she's a counselor at a local school. And the father seemed like he would be a world class chef; I'm making that assumption solely based on his cool hat that reminds me of one a chef would wear.

Click!

I smiled as I took these ones because the pair had the child in between them, each of them holding one hand. The child obviously barely could hold themselves up, but it was still adorable. I could hear their joyful laughter from all the way up here, too. I'm glad they're having a great time and not freezing to death.

I continued doing this until the final person on the ice finally skated off. I didn't realize how much time had passed, but I checked my watch and my eyes widened as it was nearing 1am. I know I have nowhere to be this morning anyway, but I'd still like to go to sleep at a somewhat reasonable time.

I got up from the bench and immediately felt like a walking snowman because I swear my whole body is frozen. I wasn't paying attention to it because I was people-watching. You're not supposed to watch yourself when you're people watching, that's like... the number one rule. It hurt to walk because my feet were so cold, so it felt like I was walking on a bunch of pins and needles.

I headed in the direction of my apartment and didn't realize how much more it had snowed. There were maybe another two inches on the ground, on top of the already existing however many inches. I sighed and had to lift my feet up a little higher in the snow. But I made it to one of the main pathways and these are always plowed because so many people walk these. Also since there's a small one way road right next to it for park vehicles.

The streetlights provided me with light as the snowflakes kept falling. I was just watching them fall in the light as it always looked cool to me. I took a few quick pictures of it and moved on, wanting to get home rather quickly. I then saw another pair of people up ahead. I squinted my eyes and saw it was another man and woman. The man was taller, maybe around 6 foot, and had on a backpack; the woman looked to be my height. I laughed to myself as the man was obviously having to take pictures for the woman. He held the phone up and was taking multiple pictures of the beautiful woman.

She didn't have a hat on, which surprised me as I'm guessing her ears were freezing. But her hair, wow. She had this gorgeous blonde hair that was quite long too. She had a white mask on and a black puffer jacket. Then she only had on grey sweatpants with these simple white adidas shoes. I don't know how this woman is surviving in these conditions, but I applaud her.