~~~

Deep down Maraan prayed that she shouldn’t say yes, but his eyebrows scrunched when she started laughing. “Boyfriend’ah? Oh anniki ivannah thaan sonnighala. Avan yennoda bestfriend’uh. Childhood bestfriend,” she said and started laughing. Maaran rubbed his nape in embarrassment and also felt shame at judging such a bond.

He is a non-judgemental person, in fact believes society should be more open-minded. But that day anger was at  it’s peak for him and maybe he did feel something when he saw Shivya with another boy.

“Sorry ma, annikhi appadi pesi irruka koodhatha. Anger just controlled me that day.” Shivya said “I am not gonna lie, I felt hurt. But don’t worry you are forgiven. I understand, I was also at fault that day.” Maaran looked at Shivya. She forgave him but still he couldn’t get rid of those feelings and he felt even more bad. Shivya understood that he is not ready to accept it. “Aiyo Maraan’ey forget that now. We are friends now so it is fine. Paravala,” she said and blinked her eyes.

After few moments of silence, “Maaran’ey ennaka bore addikathu. Vera enghayaavathu polaamma?” Maraan looked at the time. “Maraan’ey innum time irruku. Please.” Maaran thought  “guess i have to get use to her puppy eyes.” He nodded his head and asked “enga?” Shivya kept tapping her finger and thought for a while. “Ah, arcade. Gaming arcade povam.” Maaran looked at her seriously. “Ma atha sina pullinga veladaratha.” Shivya pouted. “Athelam illa vaanga,” she dragged him to the car.
Shivya was still convincing Maaran.

Finally after so much puppy eyes and convincing he agreed and drove to the mall. They got down. Shivya stepped into a shop and brought a cap and mask. She went near Maaran and instructed him to wear the mask and tip toed to put the cap. Maaran laughed as she tip toed. Shivya glared, “Po Maaran’ey. Eppa paathaloon en height’la kannu veikara.” He was still laughing. Shivya was happy looking at him laughing but she kept fake glaring at him. Then she asked  “Aama unga height enna?” Maaran started laughing again and said “ ma ne keela irukkambothey theriyavena ye height enna na.” Shivya whined but ended up laughing. “Sari ma yen ithu?” he asked pointing at the mask and cap. “Enna aalu pa ne. Maaran’ey you are top businessman. Ongalleiya yaaravathu ippadi paatha next’uh news thaan,” she said dramatically. Maaran then only noticed about the environment.
He seems to forget everything when he is with her.

Maaran nodded his head thankfully and smiled. They went to the top floor to the gaming area.
As the floor came Shivya dragged him by his arm.  First they drove the VR bike. Shivya wasn’t that good at it but she managed it. Maaran was a pro and won all his chances. As they got down, Maaran raised his collar, showing off his skills in the game. Shivya just rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out. “Romba scene’uh.Next vaanga dancing machine’la veladalaam. Athula naan thaan win pannuvean.” Maaran raised his eyebrows and said, “we’ll see.” They inserted he coin and started. They started dancing accordingly to the arrows and the music. Shivya was a pro. She always plays this whenever she comes to the mall. Whereas Maaran is always the video gamer. Shivya won and it was her turn to show off.Maaran though faked his embarrassment, was admiring this woman. No one has ever dared to talk or show off in front of him. But this woman in front of him was what he didn’t think of. He was seeing that she was just living life without any worries.

He is slowly craving for the feeling to live for the moment by being with her. It’s just he didn’t realize that he is actually slowly coming out his shell.

Shivya is lowly bringing out the lost Maraan.

After that they roamed for a while and Maaran saw the time. “Ma polaam ah.Already late aagiritchi.” Shivya’s face fell. She really liked this place, more than that enjoyed being with him. She wanted to spend more time. “Maaran’ey I  want to spend more time with you, I mean want to play more games,” she blurted but soon corrected it. His eyes widened at the mention of that and internally chuckled at the way she managed. He had the same feeling but this girl is openly telling him and making it difficult for him as his heart started to race.