Chapter Thirty Three: The Betrayal

Zacznij od początku

Simon is coming with me,
See you later
Angie x

Angelika had been a lot less judgy since their run in with the death eater, Aries wondered if she should have told her from the beginning instead of the two years Angelika half ignored her. But now she was a great friend.

Aries dried off and changed into clean pyjamas, she didn't feel like getting into everyday clothes, she put her dressing gown on and put her wand in her pocket before walking into the kitchen.

Her stomach growled loudly.

When did she last eat?

Monday? Wednesday?

Wait, what day is it today?"

She opened the fridge, there wasn't much but Aries had watched Peter make a Spaghetti Bolognese many times and she had all of the ingredients apart from onions, although she didn't want to cry anymore today so that was a plus.

She pulled a pan out of the cupboard and turned on the hob, waiting for it to heat up. She started dicing the tomatoes when she heard the door open.

"I'm in the kitchen." she called out.

Peter walked in, Aries noticed quickly something was wrong.

"What is it?"

"Nothing, nothing. Everything is fine." he said, shaking his head. But his eyes were redder than usual, his cheeks looked more shallow. "Just Order stuff." He walked towards her and kissed her temple. "What are you cooking?"

Aries gave him an unsure look but he didn't notice as he stole a piece of the tomato she had just cut up.

"Well seeing as you're stealing my prep, I am stealing your recipe and making your famous spag bol."

"Really? It better be amazing." he half smiled.

"Of course, I've been practicing. Although if it doesn't work out we're ordering a pizza." Aries said, "Oh and I saw these earlier- yes it's still here.'' She opened the top cupboard and grabbed microwavable popcorn out.

"I've finally mastered the microwave, it took longer than expected." she left it on the side then walked into the living room and took a copy of singing in the rain from beside the TV. "I also thought we could watch this, it's a film Simon rented out and hasn't taken back yet."

Peter nodded. "Yeah, sounds good, Star."

He seemed distracted by something.

"You alright?"

"Mm? Yeah, yeah. Just a bit tired that's all-"

"We don't have to-"

He shook his head and walked towards her. "No, it's fine, I'll probably wake up after I've eaten."

Aries nodded and walked back into the kitchen. She grabbed another tomato and started chopping it.

"I think Ben's coming round tomorrow," she said, "I sent him a letter earlier but I haven't got a response. Was he at the meeting earlier?"

He muttered three words, surely Aries mistook them, there was no way he had just said what he said.

"Pardon?" she almost laughed.

"I killed him." he muttered quietly.

Aries turned around slowly facing him, putting down the knife on the chopping board. "What? What do you mean you killed him?"

"I had to. He was going to tell you- he found out and I couldn't- wouldn't let him tell you Aries, I'm sorry." he said tearing up. "I had to get rid of him-"