Chapter 1

ARIA'S POV

So this is it. My name's Aria. I am 17 and have just graduated. My parents sent me to school earlier, and now I have a gap year. A year in which I can do whatever I want. So I decided to move in with my best friends: Joanna, Zoey and Bianca. Our parents surprised us by renting a house in Australia. For. One. Freaking. Year! Best graduation gift ever! But then again we had pretty good grades (more or less) so we deserved a special present. It's going to be hard to leave Britain for such a long time though...

***

I sat sore on my bed staring at a picture with a view of our new home. Then I looked at my half full suitcase, and got up. I threw the rest of my clothes in as well as some other important stuff (and some random junk). A couple of guys are going to bring our luggage in several days. Then it hit me. In less then a week, I will be in Australia living my dream. I layed down on my bed and started to doze off with a smile still etched upon my face.

***

I woke up to the sound of blasting music.I groaned angrily;

"No, not again!" I mumbled.

I heard giggles... Yep. That's Zoey. She's very loud and gets excited pretty easily. I woke up to see her, Joanna and Bianca in my room laughing and dancing around.

The girls and I have known each other since fifth grade. We used to fight sometimes back then but we were never anything less than best friends. Zoey has light creamy hair and vibrant blue eyes. I heard her laughing loudly at something Joanna said. Luckily, I had covered my face with a pillow in time to block the noise.

"Very funny."

I said ironically.

"Oh yes it is!" said Bianca, "Remember when Joanna licked your arm...". "STOP" I yelled. Bianca tends to look mature and normal with the others, BUT, believe me, that girl is insane. She's very funny and nice although she can be insensitive sometimes. She has long straight blonde-ish hair and green eyes.

Then I heard Joanna's familiar laugh - Trust me, she has the weirdest laugh in the world! - But we got used to it and it's one of the funniest sounds for us. She is a blonde with grey eyes.

''Come on, Aria'' said Zoey, her eyes glowing with excitement.

''Time to go.''

They all looked so happy, it made me smile. I took one last look in the mirror, my hazel eyes staring back at me. Will I be different the next time I will look in this mirror? I wonder...

I went down to take my suitcase. All four of us were standing by the door, looking at my room. We had so much fun here...I smiled sadly and closed the door.

''Mom?'' I asked.

''In here!'' she said.

I went to the living room and hugged her whil she was ruffling my hair. ''Mom!'' I said patting my hair as my frends were giggling.

''I love you! Have fun and be safe!'' she said smirking. ''And don't forget to call daily'' she sighed. "It seems like yesterday you were eating a mountain of spaghetti...''

I glared at her, amused. They all said bye to each other, makig me realise how much I hate goodbyes. So I just told my mom ''See you soon.''

***

Zoey's brother, Buckey, drove us to the airport. They were very close. We knew it was going to be hard for her to spend one year without him, but he was going to college anyway.

"Open the window" Bianca said.

Buckey turned to look at her, raising his eyebrows.

"Please?" continued Bianca, rolling her eyes slightly.