Day 31: Halloween costumes

"Did Frank talk you into dressing up as a vampire after all?" - Cadence was appraising Morrigan, who was standing at the mirror and trying to put on a black raincoat.

"Well, it doesn't look bad" - she finally fastened the chain and examined her appearance. - "Black and red".

Morrigan spun around, showing Cadence her entire outfit. She was wearing a black and red dress with long sleeves, black ballet flats and a raincoat that reached almost to her knees.

"Yes, I agree, these colors really suit you" - Cadence nodded.

She was wearing a black formal suit and dark glasses. Morrigan didn't understand who her friend was.

"So who you are? Repeat, please" - Morrigan looked at the Cadence's costume with a puzzled expression.

Cadence sighed.

"Have you seen the movie "Men in Black"?" - by the look of her friend, Cadence realized that she was not. - "In general, this is a movie about agents working for an unofficial government agency regulating the activities of aliens. Something like that".

"Well, that sounds interesting..." - Morrigan drawled. - "Hawthorne should be coming soon" - she glanced at the wall clock.

"I'm already scared to imagine what kind of costume he will have".

Morrigan grinned at Cadence's remark.

At that moment, the door of room 85 opened and something flew in. There was no other way to describe it. The girls stared at the newcomer in bewilderment.

"Well, how do you like it?" - a cheerful voice rang out.

Hawthorne. Well, of course. Who else could it be?

"You did it after all!" - Morrigan exclaimed, taking a closer look at his costume.

"What did he do?" - Cadence asked uncomprehendingly.

"Yeah, the Wundersmith himself" - Hawthorne spread his arms out to the sides, showing the girls his costume.

He was wearing a black cape with a hood, and his skin was painted pale. The eyes were circled in black, and Hawthorne even got fake claws from somewhere. In general, it could be said that he was a smaller copy of the terrifying figure they had seen at the first Hallowmas that Morrigan celebrated in Nevermoor. In reality, the Wundersmith looked completely different from what people imagined.

"I've already told you that Squall is completely different from that hunched old man with a bared mouth and claws. Why I am explaining this? You saw him with your own eyes" - Morrigan put her hands on her hips. - "And I don't think other people will appreciate your choice of costume".

"What difference does it make what the others think?" - Hawthorne shrugged. - "I thought it would look very creepy. People see him that way and are afraid of him to the core".

"Well, it really looks pretty creepy" - Cadence agreed, examining the boy's costume with interest.

Under the gazes of her friends, Morrigan gave up.

"Okay, okay" - she rolled her eyes. - "The costume really came out scary. I think people will just run away when they see you" - Morrigan let out a laugh.

"I was counting on it" - Hawthorne proudly lifted his chin and smiled.

"Since everyone is assembled, we can already go" - Cadence said.

The guys took their candy baskets and went to have fun.