(3) Feeling Different

Start from the beginning

"I feel as if maybe you're forcing yourself to act like you enjoy being around me, but in reality you're not," I answered. It was the truth. I know Amity apologized on the first day on my job, but it still felt like there was a hint of her not wanting me with her.

"Well don't believe what that head of yours is saying because I like hanging out with you Noceda. I promise you that. Listen to your heart," Amity whispered the last part before going on her tippy toes and placing the bellflower on my ear.

I smiled and responded, "I'll take your word, milady. So, how do I look with the bellflower?" Amity bit her lower lip, looking up and down at me.

She turned around, facing her back to me, and replied, "Y-You look amazing."

"Thanks princess," I thanked Amity and caught up to her. We resumed looking at the rest of the garden. We were on the other side of where Amity and I entered from until I felt something wet drop onto my face. I looked at the sky to see it was completely gray. That's when it began raining. I quickly took off my cape and placed it over Amity, as we rushed inside the castle. We climbed up the stairs and made it in the castle. My hair was completely wet and my armor was dripping with raindrops.

"Your hair is wet. Come with me to dry it."

"I'm fine Princess Amity. Are you wet anywhere?"

"I am not. Thank you for keeping me dry. You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to. It wouldn't be nice of me to let the rain get you soaking wet."

"Considerate as always. Ah! My flower fell off," I looked at Amity to see that she was right. The bellflower wasn't on her ear.

"It must've fell when I was getting you out of the rain. We can get another one when the rain stops."

"Who knows how long that will take."

"Is a flower that important to you?"

"Yes," Amity pouted while folding her arm. I chuckled and began taking off my armor.

"What're you doing?"

"I'm just taking off my armor, so it won't get the floor wet. I'll be getting that flower for you," I said before running in the rain. I searched around the ground to see if I could find it. That is exactly what I was able to do after seeing it on the concrete. I quickly grabbed it and ran back to the castle. Amity was nowhere in sight when I made it back. My armor was gone as well. I was about to call out Amity's name until she appeared with stacks of towels.

"Where were you?" I asked the princess.

"I went to grab towels for you. Look at you now." I noticed that I was completely damp from the rain.

"You're insane Luz. I never asked you to go back and get it."

"But it sounded like you wanted it back. I went ahead and grabbed it for you. That way, we can still match," I pushed back Amity's purple hair and placed the bellflower back to its original owner.

"Thank you for retrieving it."

"Anything for you princess," I beamed.

"Oh um, here. Let me dry you."

"You don't need to."

"But I want to. You went back in the rain, so this is the least I can do for you," Amith set the stacks of towels down and used one to dry my hair. I couldn't help but stare at Amity's face while she was drying my hair. She looked concentrated with her task. The way she dried my hair was gentle and not rough. It felt like I was a kid whose mother just got done bathing her child.