(3) Feeling Different

Start from the beginning

"Yes she does. Everyone gets surprised when we tell them that my mom helps the gardeners water the plants and add soil when it's needed," Amity and I began walking down the steps and strolled around the huge garden.

"When I see your mother, I'll tell her she's doing a good job keeping up with the garden."

"She will love to hear that from you. It will boost her confidence."

"Then I will definitely tell her," Amity and I continued walking around. There was a specific flower that caught my attention. A bellflower that is dark purple is fully grown. I pulled one out of the soil and viewed it. I turned to my side to see Amity distracted by the flowers. My legs took me to Amity as she didn't notice I was coming from behind. I placed my hand over eyes which she flinched.

"Don't worry Amity. It's just me," I reassured her.

"Sorry Luz. I got a little scared for a second, but I'm fine now."

"That's good. Before I remove my hand, I want you to close your eyes."

"Are you going to pull something Noceda?"

"No. I wouldn't do such a thing like that to you princess. Just trust me okay?"

"Okay."

I removed my hand and saw that she closed both of her eyes. I pushed back a strand of Amity's hair behind her ear gently. Then, I placed the purple bellflower on her ear. I stepped back to take a look at her once she opened her eyes.

"You can open your eyes now."

Amity did what she was told. I was in awe when Amity looked angelic with the flower.

"Did you put a flower behind my ear?"

"Yeah, I did," I answered while being stuck in awe.

"H-How do I look?"

"You look...beautiful," I felt my face heat up.

"Thank y-you Luz. The way you look at me makes me feel nervous," Amity announced.

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I shouldn't have stared at you for that long. It's just that adding the bellflower made you ten times more gorgeous. Well I'm not saying you weren't gorgeous before, but I mean it looked extra nice on you if you get what I'm saying. Gosh I'm rambling aren't I?" I nervously laughed.

"Heheh, it's fine Luz. You didn't make me uncomfortable at all. I just felt like I looked less attractive and that is what you were thinking," Amity turned red, probably from being embarrassed.

"Of course not princess. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. If someone says otherwise, tell me and I'll prove to them that they're wrong," I said with full honesty.

"I appreciate your compliment," Amity gave me a genuine smile.

"I'll compliment you anytime, so you'll feel prettier each day."

"Why are you so considerate, Luz?"

"That's how I am. You'll just have to get used to it princess," I teased and smirked before walking away to look at the rest of the flowers.

"Oh I will. I'm doing my best to adjust to having you as my knight. The twins did tell me they were able to get used to having someone with them for about two weeks."

"See? It won't be so bad to have me around for a while. I'm fun to hang with and soon enough you will enjoy my company."

"What makes you think I'm not enjoying your company?" Amity reached over next to her and grabbed a bellflower.