Make-up

A/N: A continuation of Wen Kexing and Courtesan Zhou Zishu from Day #18 Prompt (Chapter 9: Brothel).

This will be my last submission for Kinktober 2021 (because the prompt for tomorrow is out of my forte, unfortunately).

Hope you'll enjoy. ^^

------------------------------

Days would pass and seasons changed. Of all the great things that men had achieved, only time they could never command. What had become yesterday could not become tomorrow again and what had come into being could not be undone, leaving a permanent mark in history regardless of their significance.

Spring left to make way for summer, then summer, too, eventually slipped by as autumn approaches. The blazing heat of noon began to cool. As sunset arrived to signify the end of the present day, the soothing breeze rustled through the red and yellow leaves barely suspended on their branches, glimmering under the golden sky.

The scenery of Jiangnan was bright and beautiful. The view in town was as colorful as it was bustling with all sorts of people, while the outskirts were calm and peaceful. River flowed to the unknown end; once outside of town, the small houses of villagers were scattered some distance away from one another, surrounded by lush green hills and prospering fields.

On the dusty road leading away from the scurries of the busy town, a man in grey threaded on the quiet path. Wearing a bamboo hat, his visage was half hidden by the shades, but the other half that was visible showed the sharp, distinct features of a good-looking face. His demeanor was calm; the way he walked in a steady pace exuded the elegance of a young master from a prominent family. Nevertheless, on his back he was carrying a basket filled with fruits, vegetables, and various ingredients, enough to cook a small banquet for a little family. This way, his appearance could only be described as a contrasting sight between scholarly and domestic, yet the latter gave off a somewhat comforting atmosphere of home.

The wind blew gently and the hem of his robes fluttered about as he walked. Soon, the sight of a small lodge by the side of the outskirts road came into view. It was a little house modest in both size and appearance, yet surrounded by the blooming orange osmanthus with dozens of rich green hills standing tall in the background, the humble residence looked no less lovely than the mansions of nobility with gardens of their own.

The man in grey robes entered the lodge as soon as he arrived, removing the bamboo hat from his person.

"A-Xu, I've returned," Wen Kexing said, a subtle smile drawn on his handsome countenance.

From inside the house came a faint clutter, followed by light footsteps crossing the wooden floor. A figure emerged from the bedroom then, slender and graceful like a willow. He was dressed in black, with a white inner robe visible from his collar and the end of his sleeves. Save for the white jade hairpin adorning the raven black locks of his hair, there was nothing extraordinary in his appearance, yet this plain dark attire further emphasized his delicate complexion, pale like the crescent moon. Upon seeing Wen Kexing, the pair of obsidian that was his eyes seemed to sparkle if not for a split second.

"Welcome back," Zhou Zishu greeted him, "How was your trip to town?"

"A pleasant one. I found everything I needed, all in good quality. We'll have a great feast tonight," the man in grey placed his basket on the ground. Casting a teasing look at the other, he continued. "It would've been more pleasant if only you'd come with me."

Hearing his flirting, Zhou Zishu lowered his gaze and smiled. As he did this, his long eyelashes looked like a shade hiding half of his eyes.

In all his modesty, he still appeared adorably beautiful.