Overstimulation

A/N: WoH Canon Divergence - Wen Kexing brought Zhou Zishu back after the latter was captured by the Prince of Jin, but instead of being stabbed into whatever torture device in the drama, Zhou Zishu was drugged with... Well, you know... 👀

----------

A brown stallion galloped across the woods at full speed. The road was uneven, and at such a rapid pace, a comfortable ride was definitely out of the question. On the horse's back there were two men; one dressed in vivid red, the other wrapped in wheat-colored rags covering his head and body. The one holding the reign was the person wearing red robes. His long black hair scattered in the wind as they thrust forward on the stallion; a sharp look mixed with urgency was painted on his handsome face. On the other hand, the man in rags, who was sitting in front of him, was slumped back against his chest. The lower half of his face that was exposed under the hood was switching between red and white; bullets of sweat dripping from his chin. His thin lips were slightly parted. Even in one glance, others could easily tell that he was breathing hard, tortured by an immense amount of pain.

"A-Xu, look. You can already see Lord Seventh's residence up ahead," Wen Kexing gently whispered to him, "Hold on. We're almost there."

Zhou Zishu did not answer him, only the faint sound of him wheezing in agony could be heard. Wen Kexing's face darkened at this realization. Without saying another word, he spurred on the horse so it would run faster towards their destination.

The gate of Saijun Manor stood tall under the unobstructed light of the sun. As soon as the stallion entered the courtyard, several figures came running out from inside, having noticed their arrival. The first one to appear was a maiden dressed in purple, who was followed by a kind-looking young man behind her. When she saw them, a smile of relief bloomed into her face.

"Master, you came back with him!" Gu Xiang exclaimed in joy.

"Of course. Why would I return empty-handed?" replied Wen Kexing with a snort.

Once he reigned in their horse, he stepped down to the ground, carefully carrying Zhou Zishu in his arms. Instinctively, the young man behind Gu Xiang stepped forward to help, but before his fingers could graze the tips of Zhou Zishu's hair, Wen Kexing suddenly snapped.

"Don't touch him!"

Cao Weining was shocked into silence; his big, bright eyes staring at the older man. He knew Wen Kexing did not have a good first impression on him, but hadn't they solved this issue long ago? On the other hand, the Master of Ghost Valley realized that he had spoken too strongly. He softened his tone at once.

"Please do not touch him for now," he told the young man, "A-Xu is...badly hurt."

"Oh, I... I see... I'm sorry..."

Cao Weining stammered out a response and retracted his hands. At that moment, the last two figures to appear from the residence approached them. One was a beautiful man dressed in light-colored robes, carrying with him an air of nobility and grace. The other was a man with somewhat foreign features in black attire; both his robes and staff were adorned with ornaments unfamiliar to people of this land.

Upon seeing the two of them, Wen Kexing lowered his head slightly, unable to make a full bow due to the body of another person he was carrying in his arms.

"Lord Seventh. Great Shaman," he addressed them one after the other.

"Young Master Wen, it's good to see you back unharmed. How is Zishu--"

Jing Beiyuan seemed relieved when he first saw them, but once he caught a glance of his friend's condition, his smile disappeared as quickly as it appeared. He turned to the man dressed in black beside him, who was wearing an equally disturbed expression despite the cold bearing he was giving off.