Brothel

A/N: Wen Kexing x Courtesan Zhou Zishu

I had too much fun writing this one, it ended up a 6000 words short fic 😂
Anyway, hope you guys will like it :)

------------------------------------

Lanterns were lit once the sun went down, in the bustling streets and smaller alleys, soft lights began to spread throughout the town of Dongting. If the day was filled with men slaving away to feed their family, the night was when the tired residents sought pleasure to rest their exhausted mind and body. Food vendors were lining up on the left and right; in the market, colorful stalls offered various games and challenges, promising a handful of little gifts for the winners. Townspeople and hungry travellers alike flooded all bars and restaurants, where good meals and good wine would be served to fill their stomach, thus lightening their hearts.

But of course, food and drinks and some trivial games were not the only kind of "entertainment" people were seeking.

A certain establishment stood brighter compared to the rest in its vicinity. The sound of music and merry dances could be heard from inside, people talking and laughing boisterously until those walking outside couldn't help but turn their heads in curiosity when they passed by the area. At a glance, it did not look much different from the many places of art and aesthetic in the city, but to the ones familiar with this particular establishment, they knew what kind of pleasure was really offered here.

In exchange for some gold and silver, one could live in a beautiful dream for a night.

On the second floor of the building, inside one of the best rooms reserved only for its wealthiest patrons, a man sat languidly on the spacious bed. He looked to be no older than thirty years of age, an extremely handsome and good-looking man with sharp features. Amidst the lights of the candles, his dark eyes seemed to be a pool of indiscernible shadows, mysterious and disconcerting. He was a person of unreadable intention, on one hand looking to have no particular desire to waste his energy on mundane things, yet on the other hand he also looked like someone who would easily snap another's neck on a whim.

A young master from a renowned family and a capricious lunatic, it was between these two impressions that his visage was hanging. As for who he truly was, very few knew of it—and most never lived long enough to tell the tale.

The sweet scent wafting from the incense burner filled the room. As the man was relaxing by himself, drinking wine and admiring the flowers and paintings on the wall, there was a soft knock on the door. His calm eyes briefly sparkled at the sound, as if a sudden excitement had filled his heart. Smiling, he answered to the visitor waiting outside.

"Come in," he said; his voice was deep and pleasant to the ears.

Upon his permission, the door slid open and from the darkness of the night, a beautiful figure gracefully entered the room.

Vivid red robes adorned with intricate embroideries of plum blossoms, the pale gold threads giving an illusion that the flowers glimmered against the vibrant color of the fabric. The long hem grazed against the floor as that person walked in slow, elegant steps. Locks of raven black hair were held up with a hairpin made of white jade, the rest fell freely on that distinct back carrying an undeniable poise. Most who undertook this profession typically refined themselves in powders and rouge. This one, however, was covered in the bare minimum of cosmetics yet his naturally pale complexion exuded a delicate charm that needed no alteration to captivate others.

Indeed, it was a male courtesan. But what a beautiful male courtesan, he was, more stunning than any of the royal consorts in the palace. He possessed a tall and slender build, but his countenance was not too effeminate. Instead, he was actually a very handsome man, with a presence that would give peace and comfort to those who laid their eyes on him.