Denial

A/N: "Word of Honor" Palace Drama(?) AU, featuring Crown Prince Zhen Yan and Royal Guard Zhou Zishu

Inspired by:

1. This headcanon by @/TIANYAKE: https://twitter.com/TlANYAKE/status/1443973302926589953
2. And this fanart by Brilcrist: https://twitter.com/agikun/status/1445913067238281217

------------------------------

A palace is a symbol of power. As long as it stood tall with all its splendor, the ray of the sun shining upon its golden roofs and tower, the kingdom's glory would remain known throughout the course of history.

A palace is a house of secrets. For a place where the highest figures of authorities gather, who dares to tell of the schemes being tailored in its countless halls and chambers? From petty conspiracies to the most scandalous affairs, sometimes it would be better off kept behind the doors, away from the public's eyes and ears.

The night had grown late and the capital city had fallen asleep. Hidden by a sea of black clouds crowding the sky, neither the moon nor the stars could bestow their brilliance upon the earth. Perhaps it was going to rain, or maybe a storm was coming. Under this ill-looking weather, one could only rely on man-made lights should they wish for something to lead their way.

Deep within the walls of the palace, through the long, complicated corridors where busy servants would come and go during the day, the personal chamber of the Crown Prince was shut tight. There was silence in the air; the corridor leading to this room was bereft of men, save for a couple of night guards passing by every now and then during their patrol. The atmosphere was almost as good as death. However, inside that room where not a single soul was allowed to enter, there was a sign of life still.

Very much alive, in fact, completely disregarding the bleak color of the night while soaked in overflowing zest.

There was only a single candle serving as illumination in that chamber. The light seemed to be flickering, soon would be quelled after the entire length of its wick had been burnt. A distinct scent wafted in the air; the incense burner continued to fill the luxurious chamber with a sweet fragrant, rousing one's passion. Indeed, it was an act of passion that was being committed in the room, the only sign of life still breathing in the darkness.

Low gasps and moans spilled from the parted lips of a young man. He had a handsome and striking face, with an elegant slope of nose and startling bright eyes, pitch black like the thickest ink. Although his natural complexion was pale, he possessed a body that had been trained through rigorous practice of martial arts. The lines of his collar bones were well-defined, the structure of his shoulder blades were firm and distinct. With a single look, one could tell that if there was a fight for survival, this was the kind of man who would have the highest chance of emerging victorious.

Yet at the same time, there was beauty in his otherwise masculine visage. His eyelashes were long; whenever he cast his gaze down, they would cover half of his eyes, casting a shadow upon his face. His figure was slender, but not too skinny, with the size of a waist that could fit right in a person's hand.

And at the moment, there was a hand holding that waist, another man who was dripping pleasure onto that pale body, enough to make him writhe but not quite adequate to send him over the edge.

"...Your...Highness...that...please--"

"Eh, A-Shu..." the other man stopped his words, "What did I tell you about not calling me that when we are alone?"

An extremely good-looking young man, looking close in age with the first. Although his build was also fine and toned, instead of brute strength he gave off an air of royalty, one who was raised to eat from golden plates and sleep wrapped in silk. The corner of his lips seemed to have a slight upward curl that gave him a look of perpetual smile. However, his eyes were dark and unnerving, looking as if they could pierce into another's soul with a single glance.