Lucky One

Everyone thought Bakugo was lucky to have you. Your friends often pointed it out too to the point of exhaustion. There were so many things you offered him and everyone saw every single detail whether it be in the four walls of UA High or the outside world.

For people outside of your relationship, you were missing out on so many things, so many guys who will treat you better, and so many opportunities you could have had if it weren't for your explosion personified boyfriend.

But.

You always silence them.

But.

Could they call you idiot and make it sound like the sweetest word in the world? Could they look at you with all the love they can muster, chuckle, and tell you what a dumbass you are? Could they make it seem like you're the luckiest person in the world to be called by those names with Katsuki's annoyingly cute smile?

Could they spend years on you, perfecting your relationship as though it was a technique to be mastered? Could they painstakingly study all the problems and actually move past them the way Katsuki does? Could they talk to you in that rational gruff voice, urging you to explain your side so he could learn next time?

Could they identify the curve of your lips, the glassy eyes, or the quiver of your hands? Could they adjust to you so quickly? Could they act the way Katsuki does as a clever tactician, moving around your every step, getting better each passing day?

Could they take your hand the way he always does? Just the exact gentle grasp and entangled fingers? The soothing movement of his thumb on your skin, hypnotizing you, calming your very being? Could they hold you the way Katsuki unconsciously does?

Could they ever embrace you as tightly as Katsuki does? Arms curving against your form, protective and loving at the same time? Could they ever make you feel that each hug, each embrace is simply not enough? Could they be like Katsuki who always make it seem like the hug is simply a continuation of the last?

Could they be as strong as Katsuki is when you're on the verge of anger? Could they take you in their arms, understanding the feeling because they've been there? That they know how it feels like to be insufficient? To be set on a pedestal so high that it actually hurts to fall from grace?

Could they wordlessly tell you they love you? Proving each time that it is never sufficient to prove the four letter word. Could they be like Katsuki who believed that love is simply not a word to be said but an action to be done, to be proven every single day?

If not then they really can't match up against the great Katsuki Bakugo.

Because being loved by him makes you feel that you're the lucky one.