Two : Good People

Cali's Pov

We got two houses 1 in Cebu and here in manila. I supposed we are going to stay here muna in manila. When we got home mom and dad wasn't home. Yaya told us that they have something important to do daw. Maybe about the campaign or other things. I understand naman na they have responsibilities na dapat asikasuhin. But they are getting old and still working till night time or even midnight. Its making me worry about their health din naman.

Currently Vi is already in her room. She seems so tired because she managed to sleep in the van until we got here. She just kisses me goodnight and head upstairs na. Nanay lucy one of our yaya helped me with my maletas. After that i take a bath and slid on my comfortable jammies and try to get a sleep.

........

I've been trying to get some rest but my soul are super awake padin. Maybe its because im still not used sa time zone here in phillipiness since it has a large gap compared to L.A time. Anyways, i feel like my mouth is so dry so i was supposed to call nanay lucy to go get me some water but its 12pm na so she must be taking a rest na.

I made my way downstairs to the cabinets to get a glass and then go the the fridge to get some water. Once im done i put back the pitcher on the fridge and starts to roam the living room while finishing my water.

I was walking throught the glass walls of our house when i saw my father sitting while dipping his feets into the pool. They got home earlier na siguro. Instead of putting back the mug in the sink i instead decided to go to my dad first. Naglakad ako towards him and sit down besides him, hugging my knees to my chest.

"Good Eve dad" I beamed

"Hi my little sweetheart. Why are you still awake? Aren't you tired because of your long flight?" He asked and i snorted..

"Dad" i rolled my eyes. "Your little sweetheart is already 23 na" i said

"And?" He said

"Fine. Whatever anyways" I said and grimaced. We fell into a comfortable silence.

I miss having time to have a father and daugther talk. I remembered when i was young me and my father will always go somewhere then get ice cream and talk about things i should know about life or things that i should be ready for in the future.

"What is my dalaga thinking right now?" He asked.

"Nothing, just remembering some stuff that me and my father used to do in the past. You what are you thinking about dad?" Sabi ko

"What a great memories right?" He said and smiled at me "What do you think anak? Im overthinking. What if i don't win the presidencial race?" He asked

I pursed my lips and end up bitting it. I look away "Dad have faith in yourself and even in God. I know he will always look out for you and help you when you need him the most. And plus me, luna, vi, and mom will be with you till the end of your journey naman dad e so don't worry na. Lets just hope for the best for now nalang po" Sabi ko and i wrapped my arms in his torso.

He wrapped his arms in my shoulders instead and kiss my forehead and i can feel him sniff my hair. "You've deffinately grown into a woman i wanted to see you to be, Calista Salvador Laza." sabi niya causing me to snort again.

I sighed and then nodded. Kumalas ako sa hug sa kanya. "Dad" i looked at him with happiness in my face. "Look at me in the eyes" and he did look at me in the eyes and i added "Always remember win or lose, you are the best dad and we will make our best to help you in this campaign. Besides your a man, dad! You can accept defeat. Then we will bawi another time nalang. Plus I'll support you in your forums campaigns, promise" I explained and hug him more tighter.