One : Home

Cali's POV

Los Angeles, California has to be one of the most famous cities in the world. Often referred to as the 'City Of Angels', California has fine weather, sumptuous delicacies, and an easy-going culture. Due to the warm weather, residents enjoy a wide array of outdoor activities including hiking trails or visiting the beach. Moreover, the population of this area is remarkably diverse.

But after all the good things about it there is a thing i hated about california for some reason. It wasn't the place nor country i first stepped my feets the first day I learned how to walk. It doesn't even have the people that i loved the most. The people that i have been spending my life since i was born in this world.

To begin with, my family has got 5 members including me. Back in the philippines i have my father, mother, and our bunso while my other younger sister was on singapore. They are the roots of my existence and I love them with all my heart.

To start with my mother, she is "Atty. Malyn Gamboa Salvador",a lawyer and the kindest hearted woman I have ever seen. My dad is "Mayor Joaquin Salvador" and have been continuing the legacy my grandpa left behind before he died, its being a politician and it runs in our blood and he is an overprotective father but in sort of a good way i must say. "Luna Gamboa Salvador" the second born of the family is still learning Architecture on college in singapore. While our bunso "Viviane Gamboa Salvador" is still making a desicion on what she wanted to do and to study, she is still in 4th year highschool and still living with our parents in the philippines.

What do I do here in California you may ask? I've been studying political science for 3 years in one of the best college in the world in types of studying about politics "Stanford University" 1 more year and i'll be finally graduating. I've decided that since im the oldest and more open minded in the three of us in political terms. I'm going to be following the paths of my grandfather and my Dad. Because if my dad's term will be ended, who will be the one to continue the legacy? Exactly none. But thats not just the thing why Im doing this its because I grew on a helping hand family so I might as well use it in a good way and with pure intensions. Too much information? yeahh.. so moving on..

It's saturday morning and I just finished my exam yesterday and 3rd semester is done! Finally 1 more year to go! Suddenly my phone rang non stop. What a great way to wake up on weekends huh?

I answered the call "hello?" I asked with my husky morning voice.

"Sweetheart, I guess Good morning to you. Right?" My beloved mother greeted.

I sighed and replied "Yes mom, why are you still awake its 11pm na jan diba?" I asked with my lazy voice.

"Yeah, because your dad is still on his way home. I wanted to wait for him before i tell you guys the news" She stated making me hummed in response.

I get out of bed quickly "Is it good or bad news?" i said while making my bed and my phone stuck inbetween my shoulders and ears.

"You'll see my love, i'll call back later when your dad is already home. For now i'm going to call Luna so we can talk all together." She stated.

"Ok mom, bye imma go do productive stuff muna po" i said and mom said goodbye's too and hung up.

I often start my day by making something to eat. But i feel so dirty right now so i decided to take a bath first. I put my phone down in the dining table of my condo and headed to the bathroom.

.......

After an hour or so, finally im done cleaning myself. I let the towel wrap my body and exit the bathroom. I checked my closet and found a plain white crop top, some black sweats and socks. I'm now hungry and my mom might as well call na already.