The other end

"Please." He tried jutting out his lower lips trying to imitate their 6 years old in hopes she will listen to him.

"Raman." He watched as she shook her head taking out some red dress.

"Please don't go." He whined sitting in the bed.

It was weekend for god sake. He had planned a day out with his family and night with his lovely wife, if you get what he meant.

But here his wife was packing her clothes for some stupid conference.

"Its Friday." He tried again as she turned towards him holding two sarees and unconsciously added "Blue one. And those new earnings."

"Haa. Wo nayi earnings mast lagegi. Thank you." She exclaimed putting the yellow one back "aur mujhe toh yeh samajh mai nahi aa raha aap yese kyu react kar rahe ho. Mai toh kabhi kuch nahi kheti jab aap aapne kabhi na khatam hone wali meetings mai jaate ho."
(Right. Those new earrings will pair with this blue. Thank you. . . I don't understand why are you behaving like this. I never complain about your never ending meetings.)

"Toh tum kaho na." He replied immediately "agar mai ek baar mai meeting cancel na kardu toh kehna."
(Then you should. Tell me if I don't cancel it at once.)

"Acha?" He nodded eagerly as she turned towards him, crossing her arms.
(Really?)

"It's not like I don't want to spend time with you. I have commitments, my work."

He tried to reply before remembering what she was referring to.

"Its important, Raman." She added further.

Just like he had said when he missed the family dinner, movies with kids, her friends engagement and many more

Oh.

A sudden realization hit him hard.

"Fine." He couldn't help but pout as she chuckled taking out her other things.

Its different being in the other end of the situation now, isn't it?

****

At least I think so.

Regards
~Gia