Their Ruhi

"Papa." Clutching her teddy bear tight his baby girl cutely called him.

With a soft smile, he folded the files on the bed. Putting them aside, he softly patted beside him and she smiled broadly.

He had expected her to come, after all it was the first time her mother is away for night after their marriage.

Her Ishima.

Like she calls her.

"Papa, need nahi aarahi." Raman smiked at her complaint.
(Papa I am not sleepy.)

Its been only 1 month since his second marriage which also happened for this cute devil only.

But its a mystery to him how she managed to change their whole life.

One night away and his daughter can't sleep.

One night away and he felt the whole house empty.

"Soo ja Ruhi" he tried after closing the lights and Ruhi giggled.
(Sleep, dear Ruhi.)

"Papa aap bohot ganda ga arahe ho." Ruhi said snuggling close to him.
(Your singing is so bad.)

He knew singing was not his talent, but ever since, her Ishima had started singing her lullaby, her standards have become too high.

"Toh *hiccup* tumhare papa *hiccup* Udit Narayan *hiccup* tohdi hai." He somehow managed to say as she giggled again hiding her small teeths with her palms.
(So. . .your father . . .is not . . . a singer.)

He turned toward the side table, filling the clear glass with water. He took few sips but the hiccups were no where stopping.

"Papa." He turned still holding the glass to his lips "Ishima aapko miss kar rahi hai hongi."
(Papa, looks like Ishima is missing you.)

He smiled at her suggestion, her innocence. Only if she knew the reality of their relation.

"Yesa kuch nahi hai." He tried his hiccups still coming in his way.
(Nothing like that.)

"Yesa hi hai." She insisted further sitting on the bed, "Aap call toh karo."
(Its like that only. You just call her once.)

He nodded softly. Taking out his phone, he dialled her number and before it was picked Ruhi took the phone.

"Ishima." She said excitedly as the call in other side was picked.

"Hello? . . . Raman?" Both father and daughter duo frowned at the loud music behind her.

"Ishima, aap kaha ho?" Ruhi asked softly he could she her pouting even in the darkness.
(Ishima, where are you?)

"Ruhi? Oh sorry baby. Ishima ek party mai hai. Bohot der hogai hai. Aap so jawo kal baat karenge. Good night."
(Ruhi? Oh sorry bay. Ishima is in a party. Its pass your bedtime. You sleep. will talk tomorrow. Good night.)

Both watched as the call was cut.

"Wo hume bilkul miss nahi kar rahi hai." Raman smiled at her tone.
(She is not missing us at all.)

"Ishima apne school friends ke sath ghumne gai haina? Apne hi toh bejha tha. Toh unhe enjoy karne dete hai, hmm?" He patted her softly as she lied again "Jab wapas aayengi toh aachi khasi class lenge."
(Ishima has gone out with her friends right? You only sent her. Let her enjoy. We will also ignore her when she will return.)

She nodded before closing her eyes and muttered softly "Papa aapki hichki ruk gai."
(Papa, your hiccups stopped.)

He smiled kissing her forehead softly and lied wrapping his arms around her.

Even though he knew it was not related in anyway, the mere thought that she was missing him was somehow shooting.

And when it was broken, he felt sad.

He shouldn't right?

After all they were married just for his daughter, his Ruhi no scratch that their Ruhi.

*****

Just changed some things in the original scene.

What do you think?

I am trying to work on other updates but OS took a lot of time.

Speaking if which, check out the new OS. I enjoyed writing it so maybe you will too. *Shurgs.*

Malaal Ishq-Ishra OS.

Another drabble turned OS. Lets see if you can guess which drabble.

And to those who already did. Thank you so much.

Regards
~Gia.