Morning Confessions

I smiled, thinking about the night before.

"What are you thinking about?" Elliot asked.

I turned to face him in bed. "I'm thinking about last night and how perfect it was."

A grin crept up on Elliot's face after hearing my confession. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his face into my neck.

"I had the best time with you last night. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, " Elliot whispered.

A tear slid down my face. "Elliot, I feel the same way. Last night, you made me feel not only seen but safe. I have never felt that way with any man."

Elliot sat up and had me face him. I looked down at our hands joined together.

"Alice, I promise always to be your safe place. What you have been through would break most people. But, you, my love, are a fighter. Let me continue to show you what real love is."

Without hesitation I touched my lips to his. After a few minutes we pulled apart.

"I know now what real love is, and I don't want to live a day without you. I love you Elliot."

"I love you too," he responded.

We cuddled in the sheets and I couldn't help but feel absolute gratitude for the life I was living. I loved Elliot, and he loved me too.
. . . . .
Hey, everyone! I was bored the other night and wrote this random cutesy scene. I hope you guys like it. I think it is one of the happiest things that I have written in some time. So let me know what you think of it. Xoxo ❤️- M