APOCALYPSE 59

HE NEVER SAID THE WORD "GOODBYE"

Felix and I had been in a relationship for three years. He's so simple. He's not like other men who are rich and famous. Hindi man siya katulad ng mga lalaking nanligaw sa'kin noon pero sobrang laki ng pinagkaiba niya sa kanila.

He's the only person who climbs my walls just to prove that he loves me. He surpasses all my standards when it comes to men.

He's the man that every woman dreams of.

Our relationship for three years went well not until he left me without any explanation at all.

"Umiinom ka na naman!? Tama na yan Lasing ka na Laika!" He exclaimed.

I closed my eyes as I prevent my tears to fall. For almost three years I heard his voice again. His voice became my safe haven before.

Hindi ko siya pinakinggan at patuloy pa rin sa pag-inom.

"I SAID STOP DRINKING!" He shouted angrily. He calms his self before he talks again, "This is not you Laika."

Yeah, he was right this is not me. Since the day he left me I started doing the things I don't usually do, I drink the last shot of my tequila.

"Why are you here?" I asked without looking at him.

He sighed heavily.

"Nakita lang kita dito na naglalasing tama na yan."

I clenched my fist and looked at him. I open my mouth but I lost words when I accidentally stared into his eyes. I was totally lost with those eyes, those hazelnut eyes that seemed like a moon that caged you in his darkness. Hindi ko ipagkakaila na napakakisig niya sa ganoong posisyon.

It had been years but I'd be fooling myself if I say that his presence doesn't affect me anymore. He still had an impact and I can't deny it.

With bravery aroused inside me, I walk towards him and slap him hard.

"Why did you left me without any explanation? Why you left me hanging?" I asked him.

He avoided his gaze at me.

"Hinanap ko ang sarili ko."

I laughed sarcastically, "Y-you what? Hinanap mo ang sarili mo? Ang galing mo naman!"

Sa sobrang inis ko ay sinampal ko ulit siya.

"Saan mo ba nahanap ang sarili mo? Sa piling ng iba?"

He was stunned because of what I said.

And there, I know that I hit a nerve. I was right he just left me for another woman.

"Mahal na mahal kita eh. Sa sobrang pagmamahal ko sa'yo lahat gagawin ko kahit masaktan ako. Sana sinabi mo di 'ba? Sana sinabi mo na hindi na ako at may iba ka ng gusto! Hindi yung aalis ka na lang ng walang pasabi! You can't just touch my soul and leave!"

Tears started falling on my eyes.

"You didn't know what I've been through. I started thinking different what-ifs. I even question my existence, Felix! The trauma that you give to me always haunt me at night."

I cried so hard.

"I even tried to kill myself because of what you did! You let my demons control me," I whispered.

Tanging pagyuko lamang ang ginawa niya.

"You were the only person who embrace my demons, you were the only person who dance with my flaws yet you were also the reason why I suffered."

He walks towards me and held my hands.

"Laika..."

I smiled at him bitterly.

"You always told me that I was your biggest mistake but I never got to tell you that you were my answered prayer, Felix."

He started crying but I know it was just his conscience. Alam kong awa na lang ang dahilan bakit siya umiiyak.

"Laika... I'm sorry..."

I stared at him for a moment. I wiped my tears and asked him, "Can you say my name?"

He looks so confused, "B-bakit?"

I hold on to his shirt like what I did when we were still together, "Gusto ko lang marinig," I reply, clenching tighter on his shirt.

"Laika..." He spoke, and from that moment I knew.

It was never the same. No hint of joy and excitement or even butterflies. It hurts knowing that I used to smile every time he call me by my name but now, I don't even want to hear it.

Bumitaw ako sa pagkapit sa kanyang damit at lumayo ng kaunti.

"Congratulations on your wedding Felix," I murmured.

"Thank you..." He said awkwardly while still looking at my face.

He smiled but the pain was visible in his eyes.

"I'm sorry..." He mouthed.

I wiped again my tears and just nods at him, "I'll always forgive you but always remember that I'll only trust you once." I said and turn my back.

With the crowd enjoying the beats of the music there is one heart crying.

Now I understand why people leave without explanation; why love disappears from relationships without permission. Because there is no earthly way to tell someone that you don't love them as much as they do.