Part 12

© Joanna Bock 2013 All Rights Reserved.

First Draft

CHAPTER 15

Josh

JOSH stormed into the room where Lucas and Sarah lay together in the cloud. He hesitated for a moment but decided to express his concerns regardless. Figuring he had already intruded and they had spent a whole day alone anyway.

“Why did you take so long?” He said pushing to stand over them. “My note said back soon not back in 6 hours!” he felt his frustrations building again.

“I like the note actually but don’t think either of you are ever__” Sarah began to speak.

“I don’t care about the note Sarah; the note is not the point here.”

“Isn’t it Josh? Because you brought it up but I have a point, a couple actually. First point. Don’t yell at her. And secondly we were here at dark, in the safety of the light which both Sucarrei and Katarna told you. So if you want to have a go at someone blame me; because it was me who chose to remain alone outside with her.”

Lucas was calmer than Josh had suspected maybe Sarah was better for him than he had suspected. He watched as his friend rolled over to face him his expression as calm as his voice

Holly freaking shit she had turned him into a pup. Yet something tells me not to push that theory.

Hear kitty, kitty. He joked in his mind, not being dumb enough to express that joke aloud.

Sarah didn’t look quite so docile. Remembering the last time he had seen this expression in the kitchen the morning she had freaked out over him watching her, he decided now would be a good time to leave. Too late, He realised as Sarah began to speak.

“Josh it was a wonderful day what did you do, we went to a beautiful place, and Lucas showed me he is.” She paused looking at Lucas.

“He knows.” Lucas confirmed

“He showed me that he is a werewolf. And we played and talked and lay together in the grass.”

Josh squirmed uncomfortably he plead internally for her not to give him all the details he prayed there wasn’t details.

“On the way back we meet Katarna, who by the way is a really nice girl you would like her.” Josh couldn’t help but smile. “She did some sort of spell on me for good fortune and than we came back here, and are you satisfied yet.”

He could hear the vent of frustration in her voice actually, it was impossible to miss; he wondered if that was why Lucas had been so calm. Let Sarah tear him a new one.

“I think he’s quite satisfied.” Lucas chuckled from beside her.

Josh would have thought it was like the wolves descending onto him but in this case the wolf was enjoying the show- bloody bastard he is getting a kick out of this, well two can play that game.

“Actually I am satisfied did I mention this isn’t the first time I have meet Katarna before. She is hot__ so what do you expect, I’m glad you had a good day Sarah, come to think of it, well so did I.” He smiled at Sarah’s sudden discomfort.

“Oh god please to many details you’re my brother not the promiscuous faerie.”

Josh was pleased she didn’t need the truth didn’t need to know he had spent enough time with Katarna tonight to say hello, hear that she was outside safe with Lucas and that she would catch up soon.  If Lucas didn’t say anything to change that, well than he couldn't see any reason he would enlighten her either.