seventeen; destructive

Start from the beginning

Lilith winced as Bonnie let out moans of pain as Kai absorbed her magic. Kai winked at Lilith as the stove from the fire grew, Kai's hand had raised to Damon who knelt over in pain, clutching his head. 

"Okay, we get it!" Exclaimed Damon. 

Kai stopped the multiple spells and grinned. "You can see why my coven and I didn't get along."

Damon frowned saying, "I smell an ultimatum."

"If I consume all of Bonnie's magic I'm just gonna end up killing her. But, if we work together, we can all go home as friends. Or I can devour her magic, kill you both, and it'll just be me and Lil'. What's it gonna be?" He gave Bonnie a look as he sat down at the table where she had previously been and began eating the pancakes. 

Bonnie and Damon soon left the kitchen, muttering to each other, no doubt about Kai and his disturbing ways. 

Lilith had taken up the spot opposite Kai who had finished the pancakes. "I never realised how lucky I am," mumbled Lilith, playing with the table mat.

"What do you mean?" Asked Kai, cocking his head. 

"I mean, looking at how you treat Damon and Bonnie when you've only just met them compared to how you treated me when we first met, it's so different, I mean yeah you killed me a few times but-" 

Kai cut her off, rolling his eyes as he said, "but nothing, I'm not a complete monster, besides, you looked so innocent, I didn't need or want anything off of you." 

Lilith bit her lip. "You want any updates on your little brand?" She asked but never let him reply. "It's disappeared," she muttered. 

"What?" Kai asked. "Stand up," he ordered her. Lilith stood up and watched as he beckoned her to come closer. He lifted her shirt up slightly and saw that the brand wasn't there anymore. He let his hand ghost over it and looked at it with an amazed expression as it appeared, immediately disappearing when his hand left. "Weird," he whispered. 

"What? What's weird?" She asked panicked, looking down at Kai. 

"It's still there, but it's like- it's like it only answers to me," he told her, letting his hand hover over it once again. "I wonder what will happen if I-" He pressed his hand down on her waist and chuckled when her knees gave out slightly. "Woah, nice," he laughed. He let her pull away, tugging down her shirt. 

"Don't be an arse," she huffed, pushing herself to sit on the table. "It feels all tingly now," she said, an uncomfortable expression on her face as she rubbed her side. 

"Of course, it would," he said, winking at her with a smile. Lilith shook  her head, trying to hide her growing smile. 

_

It was late in the night when Lilith walked downstairs. Kai and Lilith had slept in the boarding house that night, both needing sleep. It was 02:43am when Lilith walked downstairs. 

She walked into the living room and saw Bonnie sat on the sofa, staring at the furnace that was flickering, a glass of bourbon in her hand. She let out a soft sigh, letting Bonnie know she was there as she set down on the same couch. 

It was silent between the two for a few minutes before Lilith broke it by saying, "I loved my brothers, I loved them with everything I had."

Bonnie continued to look at the furnace. 

"Gabriel was the oldest of the three of us, he was...not a very nice person, he would be abusive, aggressive and totally sucked up to our parents, but he was also troubled, he had a tough life growing up, he was put in prison a few times for handle of drugs but my mom and ad always bailed him out." It felt good to speak to someone else about her brothers. "My younger brother Lucifer, however, was a whole different person."