Losing Your Sparkle [Pt.4]

Start from the beginning

In the corner of her eye, a dark shadow slightly moved on top of the buildings across the street. If it were anyone else, it would've just looked like a random dark spot, but not to Gogo's sight. She narrowed her eyes and opened your balcony door to try and see better.

"I think I need help drying my hair." You say once stepping out with your comfy nights clothes on. "Whacha doin'?" You ask sheepishly.

Gogo takes another look out, not seeing the dark shape anymore. "It's just a good view." She shuts the glass door and locks it before closing the curtains.

You hold up a towel as she pats the spot on your bed as she takes a seat behind you.

Swiftly, Gogo dries your hair with the towel and snatches your brush from your bathroom before brushing out your hair. "Don't tell anyone about this." She began braiding your hair no matter if it was short or long.

"Promise." You salute and grimace at your injured hand.

"Good." She pats the top of your head. "I bet you're hungry, so get a move on and let's have Baymax bandage your hand again."

>>>>>>————>>>>>>

"Oh boy."

I take a glance at Wasabi and Honey Lemon as they smile happily as they gesture toward the young Hamada outside on the living room balcony. "Baymax specifically said, Hiro needed some practice with minor medical assistance, sooo—.." Wasabi started then Honey gently pushed me forward, "—So! Hiro will help with your injured hand."

Slowly, I step outside and take a seat across from Hiro where he recites all the stuff for patching me up.

"Okay! I can do this. Now....what did Baymax say again?" Hiro panics.

I bit my lip and I couldn't help but snicker out a laugh. "Apply a thin layer of the petroleum jelly then lightly wrap gauze around my hand. That's all, you Knucklehead."

"That sounds more simple than Baymax's long explanation." Hiro laughs lightly and clears his throat before taking my injured hand very gently.

Dear sweet heaven....I feel my face flush and I turn my head away to the side. Why did those guys have Hiro bandage my hand? Unless...

Honey Lemon squeals but not too loudly, though enough that I could catch it.

"Sorry if it might hurt." Hiro squeaks out.

I glance at him and nearly blush more at his flushed face. I think I spaced out because Hiro grins in satisfaction at his finished work.

"There. Now, let me see your other hand."

"Huh?" I raise a brow at him. "My other hand is fine, Hiro."

His face grows more red and he huffs. "I-I know, just...." He grabs my other hand and places a neatly tied pouch upon my palm. Immediately, holds my hand and bows his head. "I'm sorry!"

What? I stare at him confused. I think he's not good at apologizing, especially the way he's struggling to talk. "What are you—"

"I'm sorry for not checking up on you after that night I dropped you off. I'm....I'm not good at apologizing and I'm still struggling to work on how to be there for a friend." That's when Hiro couldn't stop talking. "I was worried about you and I wanted to call and message you, but I was afraid you didn't want to talk. Then after Mochi went missing AND YOU. I couldn't think straight. I-I mean, WE were all worried about you."

I laugh slightly and sniff. "If you weren't holding my good hand, then I would've bopped you on your head by now."

Hiro let's go of my hand as I get to walk over to lean on the wall of the balcony.