"No I did not." He says more irritatingly.

"I can literally screenshot and show you. "

He pauses for a minute and clears his throat. "Shit, I forgot about that. I called because I need to know when you're available so we can get this family dinner over with. Since it's just mine, this shouldn't take long."

"Fiona's birthday is two days from now, so I guess we can do it tomorrow."

"Can't. I'm busy tomorrow."

"With what?"

"Why are you so damn nosey?"

"I'm not. "

"I'm not even gonna try," He blows a breath again before speaking, "You get anything for Fiona's birthday?"

Anger rises inside of me after he says this. "Yes, I did as a matter of fact. I hid them in my closet. Just because I'm not rich like you doesn't m-"

"Didn't mean it like that, Diana. Just wanted to know if I could get her a little something. "

"Like what? I think it's illegal to give a child a gun."

"Yeah it is. But I was thinking of a party. Like a small birthday party for her. With your permission, of course, I know you're protective of her. "

A feeling I can't describe grows in my stomach and, for once, it's not pain. I don't like it one bit. Especially because Dante is making me feel that way.

"You would do that for her? It's expensive and she's wants friends over, not to mention t-"

"Money is not a problem for me when it comes to her. It's settled. Give me the details and she can have her birthday party at my place. I'll pay for everything."

"Dante." I warn, thinking this is some stupid prank or something.

"I love it when you say my name baby." He replies and I know he has that stupid grin on his face.

I knew what he was doing when he said stuff like that. He was trying to make me fall into his trap by saying things like that. But I wasn't going to fall for it.

"Don't call me that and do you think before you say something?" I ask, genuinely curious. He couldn't possibly be that bold.

"Yes. I think it and then I say it. That's usually how that works, Diana." He replies as if I'm the dumb one. "Don't tell Fiona. I'll pick you guys up at six on her birthday." With that, he hangs up.

I disregard that and think about how Diana can finally get a birthday party. I go back inside the office cheerfully. When Fiona looks up at me from her phone, I hide my excitement.

"Why are you happy?" She asks, annoyance written all over her features.

I shake my head, trying to prevent the smile that is trying to sneak up as I respond, "Nope, nothing. I am not happy."

She stares at me for a moment before returning to her phone. I would have to keep this secret for two more days. Nothing I couldn't handle. I've been keeping tons of them for years now.

For the rest of the day, I stay in the office answering phone calls, and if a patient needed me, I would assist them. Feeding, brushing their hair and other things. The next two days go by the same way. Fiona went back to school, so I was able to get more work done.

Fiona's birthday arrives quickly and after giving Dante the details about the party and the friends to invite, everything is ready.

There is a knock on the door as I look in the closet for Fiona's birthday gifts.