Chapter 22: Time Passes and Color Fades, but Our Love Still Burns

Ashley's Pov:

She sounded tired and exhausted. I miss her. I keep her by my heart with a picture of her and I by the fireplace, and one of her black lace bras. It's now 8 pm. Everyone's in the living room part of our bus watching BONES, while I'm sitting in my bunk, writing a song, and waiting for a Skype call to appear on my mini bunk plasma from Mikki. I only have a few lyrics so far, but I think it's good.

These things in life

Come with a price

The fires that burned tonight

Blew into darkness

Love filled the air

But now it's cold and bare

Welcome home, come home tonight

It's not much, but it's what I'm feeling. By now it's only 9:30 pm. Time seems to slow when your waiting for something let alone someone. I decided I should eat something, so I step out of my bunk and walk to the kitchen.

"Hey! Look who's out of his bunk!" Morghin said, snuggled into Andy's chest.

"Just hungry." I said. I normally got food and stashed it in my bunk when the rest of them were asleep, but I forgot last night, and I ran out around noon.

I grabbed a full bag of Lays Sour Cream & Onion Potato Chips, 2 ham and cheese with lettuce sandwiches, a small bottle of whisky, and 3 Mountain Dews. This should last me until noon tomorrow. I walk back to my bunk to see my Mini Plasma screen lit up. It said 'Mikki Decker is now Online'. It's expected since its 10:15 pm. I click on the 'accept video call' button and immediately see the face of my beautiful girlfriend. She was paler than usual, and make-up less.

"Hey baby!"

"Hey Ashy!" She replied. Her eyes seemed to sparkle.

"Are you ok? You look paler than usual." I said. I was worried.

" I have pneumonia. I caught it in the cold yesterday." She said coming closer to her camera on her iPad. There was a dark purple ring around each of her eyes, and her skin was ghost white.

"Aww hugs and kisses. Our UK part of THE CHURCH OF THE WILD ONES TOUR starts in a few days, I'll be with you Saturday, and the rest of yours and my tour." I said and watch as her eyes light up. She turned from sick and depressed to sick and happy. I was smiling too.

"Oh Ashley I'm so happy!" She exclaimed.

"So am I baby, so am I." I said just as happy.

"So how's your bunk without this sexy OUTLAW in it?" I asked smirking.

"Lonely, but I have five pictures of you and I pinned to my cork board on the wall near my mini plasma." She said and moved her iPad around her bunk. Her walk was dark mocha brown, and there were 5 pictures of us pinned to the board. She had a Black Veil Brides wristband I signed specially for her sitting on her 2 inch wide window sill. Yes most tour buses have a window in each bunk. The wristband says 'love you baby girl, have a good time on THE LAST SHOT TOUR. Ash loves you! ~Ash Purdy' in silver sharpie.

Just then Krys opened the black curtain to her bunk.

"You hungry?" He asked

"No, not really." Mikki replied.

"You sure, you haven't eaten much lately." His tone of voice worried.

"Oh hey Ashley." He said noticing me.

"Hey Krys." I replied. I was friends with Krys. He's a good guy.

"I'm sure. I'll eat lunch in 2 hours." She said.

"Ok. PROMISE?" HE ASKED.

"Promise." She replied.

"Okay the rest of us are going to stock up on junk food at the gas station, we will get you some stuff too." He said, then walked out of the room.

"So you haven't been eating?" I asked concerned. I was doodling what looked like a rose.

"I have, but when I'm sick I'm not very hungry."

"Okay baby." I said. We could spend eternity in silence. It wouldn't matter, just seeing her makes me happy.

This moment is perfect.

"I miss you Ashes." She said softly.

"I miss you too Mikki." I said in a low sexy voice. I was getting tired, but I didn't want this call to end. Sadly she can read my body like an open book.

"Your getting tired Ashley. Do you want to sleep?" She said softly. Her voice was angelic and comforting.

"No I want to keep talking to you. I miss you so much it hurts." I felt a little too needy saying that, but at this point I don't care. I miss her so much.

"I miss you that much too. I love you." She replied softly

"But I love you more."

"I love you more than I love my bass." She added. That's a great amount of love, considering she loves her bass so much she cracked bones In her body protecting it when she fell 6 feet.

"I love you more than I could ever scream." I said.

"Fine, you win. Simply because your screams much like Andy's go on forever." She said blowing me a kiss. I pretend I catch it and pressed my hands to my heart.

It was dead silent for a few minutes, then there was a loud pop in the background and the boys on her bus yelled 'OH!'.

"Ashy, as much as I miss you and want to stay with you, the boys just cracked the cork off a Champagne bottle and I don't want them getting into trouble. I love you my Ashes!" She said softly and lovingly.

"Alright my Purdy Girl, go keep the boys in line. I'll always be just a phone or Skype call away. I love you my baby." I blew her a kiss, waved goodbye, then the call ended.

All I had to divas on was my last show, and seeing her in 3 days. Thank god it's Wednesday.