A Meeting to Remember (Baptiste, Gabriel/Reaper)

Baptiste poured the remaining coffee in his cup down the sink, watching as it swirled down the drain. He knew it was a bad idea to drink coffee so early, especially on a full stomach, but it was the only way he would have energy for his meeting with Gabriel at 8:30. He felt a gentle bubble in his intestines as he walked back to his desk, already regretting his decision. The bubbling continued as he finished typing his documents, the clock ticking closer and closer to 8:30.

His papers came out of the printer at 8:25 sharp, leaving him with 5 minutes to get ready and be in Gabriel's office by 8:30. He gathered his belongings and stood up, making sure his off-white button-down shirt and black tie were tightly secured. He breezed past familiar smiles and cubicles as he walked to Gabriel's office at the end of the hallway.

The inside of his office was everything you'd expect it to be: big glass windows covering one wall, a perfectly polished brown desk at the front of the room where Gabriel sat, and chairs at the back for anybody being barked at by him to sink into with embarrassment. "Have a seat." Gabriel said. Baptiste sat in the chair closest to the window. He stared out into the distance, looking down at the cars racing through the city below. His stomach rushed; he couldn't tell whether it was nerves or gas. He exhaled deeply as Gabriel stared at him from behind his desk.

"As you may already know, I've been planning to meet with you for quite some time. I want to discuss-" Baptiste could barely focus as the pressure in his stomach built. He tried to play it cool, adjusting his posture and breathing slowly, but nothing worked. There was only one way to release the pressure.

Brrpt; a quiet fart seeped into the office chair. Gabriel continued his sentence, seemingly oblivious to Baptiste's actions. "Did you wish to comment, Mr. Augustin?" Gabriel asked impatiently. "No," Baptiste responded, keeping his answer short. "Good, then let's continue. Do you have the documents I requested from you?" Baptiste leaned forward in his chair, reaching over to hand Gabriel the folder stacked with papers. Braap; the extra movement caused Baptiste's stomach to react. Gabriel raised a suspicious eyebrow. "It was the chair." he said unconvincingly. "Right. I'll be looking over these later. For now, I want you to look at this file for me. I'll need your signature for confirmation."

Gabriel signaled his hand, beckoning Baptiste to the side of his desk. He walked over to stand beside Gabriel. He prayed his stomach would calm while he stood next to him, but that was clearly not the case. Bpppt; Gabriel glanced at Baptiste over his shoulder, loudly clearing his throat. "Read this top paragraph and sign at the bottom." Baptiste skimmed through the paragraph.

Looks like they're offering me some extra work for a pay raise.....He pondered any questions he may have as he clicked his pen open and signed. "Thank you. You're free to return to your seat." Baptiste turned around and began walking to his seat. Sqppt; an unexpected fart escaped him, blowing right in the direction of Gabriel's desk. His body turned hot with humiliation as he sat back down. Gabriel stared at him, his thick eyebrows furrowed.

"Now, for the next order of business, Mr. Augustin. We're tempo-" Ppprt; a fart echoed throughout the room, except it wasn't from Baptiste this time. "My mistake. As I was saying, we're temporarily mov-" He paused again. Braaap; Gabriel's foot raised slightly off the ground as he farted again. "Mph- We're temporarily moving you to the office next door from mine. I have a separate project I need you to work on." He shuffled in his chair. "Now, as much as I'd like to discuss the details of that with you, I'm ending this meeting early. I have other business I need to handle right now."

Baptiste had a feeling he knew where Gabriel was headed, but that was none of his concern at the moment. He quickly grabbed his things and left his office. He was already late to another meeting he had, this time with the bathroom stall.