Snoggletog Eve

Narrator's POV:
It was a week before Snoggletog and the citizens of Berk were rushing about the place, buying gifts, and decorating their houses with many bright lights and colorful decorations. Now if we take a peek in the Haddock household we would find the complete opposite. Inside you find a large man with a very stunning beard pacing back and forth talking to his son, and his wife-to-be discussing final preparations for the wedding. The bride's family was also there discussing. After two hours of going back and forth the group decided to call it a night and huddle by the television to watch a family favorite "Viking Off". Soon the house was filled with everyone rooting for their team to win. After the show was done and the Hofferson family went home, Hiccup, His Father, and Dustin all headed off to bed. The little boy dreamed of big, majestic dragons, for his brother had just told him a fascinating story about a night fury called Toothless. Hiccup's dreams were filled with wedding designs, and different kinds of floral patterns. Now, I'd tell you what everyone was dreaming of, but that's not the story I'm narrating. 

It was 2 days till Snoggletog now and the happy, yet slightly stressed, couple finally figured out their wedding decorations. Stoick was running back and forth from place to place to make sure everything was set for the Snoggletog Festival where there was many food, drinks, and lot's of yaknog (Stoick made sure Astrid stayed far away from the yaknog stall). Hiccup was also running around the place, but not for the same reason as Stoick, no, Hiccup was looking for the perfect gift for his perfect girl. He was about to give up when an idea popped into his head. He rushed home to find his gift. Astrid, on the other hand, was having a hard time figuring out what she could give to the one who had everything. A watch? No. A new jumper? No. she thought. She sighed in defeat and made her way home. 

Astrid's POV:
I just spent two whole hours searching the shops for the perfect gift I could give Hiccup, but there was nothing. I was making my way home when I bumped into Hiccup who looked like he was in a rush

"Astrid! W-What are you doing here?" He asked nervously, hastily stuffing something in his pocket 

"Oh, nothing really, just heading home" I say slowly, raising an eyebrow at Hiccup

"Oh, ok, get home safely Milady, see you tomorrow for Snoggletog Eve!" He said quickly, then kissed me on the cheek before running off 

Okay, that was weird. I shrug it off and hurry home, because the snow really started to fall now. I wrapped my scarf more snugly around my neck, and walked up the stairs to my home. 

"Astrid! Come inside quickly!" I heard Jacob shout as soon as I had stepped in. I quickly locked the door and headed to where Jacob was. I gasped. I saw the most adorable little creature. It was a small grey kitten. "Look, I found her on my way home from the diner" Jacob explained while he set down a small bowl of milk for the kitten. 

"She's adorable!" I say sitting crossed-legged on the floor watching it drink

"What should we call her?" He asks me

"The name we picked when we were younger?" I suggest

"Stormfly it is then!" He says scratching Stormfly behind the ears 

A little backstory. When I was 5 and Jacob was 8 Mother bought us a pet goldfish. Jacob and I argued back on forth on what it's name should be, so we decided to name one thing we love most and combine it together to form one name. Since Jacob had a star wars phase, the thing he loved most at the time were stormtroopers, and the thing I loved when I was younger were flies........don't ask I know it's weird. A five year old obsessed with flies. ANYWAY, that's how we came up with the name "Stormfly". 

"Hey, Jacob?" I say sitting on the couch 

"Yeah?" He replies still playing with Stormfly 

"Hiccup was acting weird today" I say