|| 38 ||

𝟘𝟞𝕩𝟘𝟠

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

That morning Natalie slowly opened her eyes, only to find Mark looking at her. At instant smile was created on her face when she saw him. A smile only he could bring on her face. "Hey." She whispered.

"Hey, I didn't think I'd see your face when I woke up." He said and tucked her hair behind her ear so he could look at her face. When Natalie was over at his apartment she always left before midnight so Amber wouldn't be home alone at night. But not this time.

"Yeah, I slept over." She snuggled on his side and Mark put his hand under her shoulder, bringing her closer against him.

"Glad you did." He kissed the top of her head. "But I also noticed that you've been sleeping over here a lot. And that you're waking up early to go to your place."

"Yeah, I am doing that." Natalie admitted. "I'm not completely abandoning my daughter. But I also cannot sleep in the same house as Isaac."

"So the only reason you're sleeping over is because you don't want to be in the same space as your ex husband." Mark realised, just because she wouldn't say it, it didn't mean that Mark didn't understand what she was doing or why.

"Correct. But also because I love you." She whispered and started leaving kisses on his neck.

"Nice safe." He smiled.

"See? I can be all cute and sweet." She looked up to him.

"Barely." He teased her.

"Fuck you."

"Gladly." He smirked and moved her on top of him making it easier for him to just kiss her and keep on kissing her. But then he pulled back, wanting to talk to her about it. "Okay but seriously you don't have to let him stay at your house, if it's making you uncomfortable. You already helped him. He can stay at a hotel room or something for as long as he needs to be in Seattle."

"Mark, for the first time since the divorce Amber wants to be around him. She can talk to him. Actually make a conversation like they used to do. And I don't want to take that away from her. She needs that. And you know, this way I actually know that he is not pulling any crap on her again, so yeah he will stay at my house as long as he is in Seattle. And I am going to stay here because even if he was sick, even if he says that he has changed, the things he has done haven't just been erased."

"Okay." Mark muttered and and just lovingly caressed her cheek, wishing he could make all this pain stop.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆