Chapter 10: The Morning After

Start from the beginning

Once we finally made it out of the crammed passageway, I was finally back in the real world. Poppy placed me down on a rock as a bit of a rest whilst I admired the beauty. Hogwarts castle stood proudly on top of a hill with rolling hills and miles of trees. The windows of the castle were bright, only remembering that students are just waking up for a long day of classes. The sun was still rising over the hills with beautiful pinks and purples shining the sky. Sometimes the beauty of the world amazes me, it was always my dream to admire the stars on a full moon. But that will never be possible, not now, not ever.

"Are you ready to go Y/n?" Poppy asked me.

"Yeah. Let's go, I really need to lay down." I muttered because I didn't feel well enough to talk at my normal voice.

I stood up with the support of Poppy and we continued to walk (well more waddle) to the castle, it was never fun to walk up the hill leading to the castle but I was not willing to give in to the stretcher, it will take away from the satisfaction when I finally lay in my bed. We finally made it up the hill and walked along the bridge towards the castle, it creaked as we walked along. I admired the view each little window had, the rolling hills and the black lake were perfectly in view, the ripples of the water shimmered and sparkled in the sun. Once we crossed the bridge, we took a quick stop in the courtyard because my arm stung and the scratches on my legs and ankles made it hard to walk.

"We're nearly there Y/n." Poppy said encouragingly.

"Okay. Let's get this done." I replied determined to get back to the common room.

We walked into the castle, doing our usual route to avoid students, to keep my secret safe. The corridors seemed extra long and my steps became slower and harder to walk. One more corridor! I'm nearly there I thought to myself as I trudged through the empty corridors and finally seeing the portrait hung on the wall.

"Thank you for helping me Poppy." I said to her. She had a small smile on her face.

"Your welcome y/n. Please go in and rest. I'm signing you off class for the next 3 days, to give a change for your arm to heal a bit more." She replied

"Thank you again."

"Oh and please get some rest" she added.

"I will. Goodbye." I said. Poppy gave one last smile before walking away to go get some breakfast.

I muttered the password the the common room, the door opened and I initially saw nobody in there. Perfect. I thought. I grabbed onto the wall, anything that helps my stand or walk. But as soon as I entered the common room I grabbed onto a coat hook. But I soon realised there was nothing for me to grab until I get to the sofas. So I stumbled into the large room.

I could feel myself trip and fall, but before I made impact with the ground, I felt two large bodies grab mine and pulling me into a embrace. I looked up to see the two red heads I call my best friends. They must have been waiting for me, a blush crept onto my face but it was soon washed away by a immense wave of sickness. Don't get me wrong, I feel terrible but I felt as though I could throw up. The twins left the embrace and the three of us stood there, me slightly swaying from my inability to stand up properly.

"Y/n are you okay!" Fred asked with panicked eyes and a worried tone. He had large bags under his eyes like he hasn't been sleeping. He was worried about me!

"No. Not really." I muttered, feeling too weak to speak normally and tears threatening to spill from my eyes because the urge to tell them what I am is becoming unbearable.

"And what happened to your arms and legs?" George asked worried. But George didn't sound as worried as Fred did, he did not have bags under his eyes. Clearly listening to what I told them last night before I left.