"Glad to make your morning entertaining, gentlemen. I'll be here all week." I inform them sarcastically, and the three of them burst into laughter once more. But, the smile fades from Taehyung's face as his eyes come to rest on something over my shoulder.

"Just when I thought nothing could ruin my morning." He mutters, tearing his eyes away from where Yoongi stands behind Jimin. "I'll see you guys in the lobby for rounds." He says, and like that, he's making a beeline for the door. I see a quick flash of disappointment flit across Yoongi's features, but as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared.

"Good to see that you idiots haven't changed at all." Yoongi comments, his voice gruff and his attitude glum as per usual. "Been gone a week and this hell hole is still the same."

"Wow, I've missed you so much." Jimin exclaims, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Where'd you even go? What could have gotten you a whole week off of work?" He asks. Yoongi's jaw clenches then, his entire face going steely.

"Destination wedding." He shrugs noncommittally. 

"That's the least enthusiastic I've ever heard anyone sound about a wedding. I love weddings." Hoseok observes.

"Yeah, well...I hate my sister in law." Yoongi deadpans, avoiding eye contact by fiddling with his pager. After a heavy pause falls over us, he looks up and manages a small smile to alleviate the tension. It doesn't reach his eyes. "But there was an open bar, and I didn't have to be here, so. It was fun enough."

"Shit, let's go. Rounds are about to start." I say, eager for an excuse to get out of such an unexplainably awkward situation. Hoseok and Jimin shoot me appreciative looks as we make our way to the lobby. Still, Jimin mumbles something along the lines of "Look who's suddenly concerned about being on time for rounds," and I elbow him in the ribs as Hoseok chuckles. I can't bring myself to laugh along, although that dig is admittedly funny. Something's off with Yoongi. He's normally painfully pessimistic, but this wedding has him exceptionally in a bad mood. Maybe his family is insufferable. Spending a week with distant relatives you don't especially like would put anyone in a bad mood.

When we reach the lobby, Jisoo, Taehyung, and Dr. Jeon are waiting for us. Taehyung has grown to dislike Jisoo over the past few months, so that fact that he'd rather keep her company than be around Yoongi speaks volumes. He says there's something about her that just rubs him the wrong way, but he just can't quite put his finger on what exactly that is. I like her fine, considering she hasn't really given me reason not to. Dr. Jeon catches sight of us as we round the corner, and any trace of affection he had for me earlier is disguised by his signature cold, unyielding persona.

"Punctuality is a virtue." He snaps as we approach.

"Said the guy who pushed rounds back a half hour because of traffic." Yoongi deadpans, and Taehyung has to stifle a laugh. Whether Yoongi knows it or not, things have changed in the week he has been gone--things between Jeongguk and I. Jisoo and Yoongi are the only two people in our intern group who don't know traffic isn't what made Dr. Jeon late.

"And yet, you still managed to be late. Impressive." Dr. Jeon counters. Yoongi, who clearly did not expect a response, bites the inside of his cheek. "For that comment, you've got enema duty."

"Ah, shit." Yoongi mutters, and Jeongguk laughs. There are very few people who can make Jeongguk laugh, and Yoongi has a special talent for being one of them.

"Pleasure to have you back, Dr. Min. Shall we get started, or would anyone else like to share their completely irrelevant opinion?" Dr. Jeon asks, and is met with silence. "Music to my ears. Let's go."

We spend the next two hours rounding on patients, each of us taking turns presenting. Dr. Jeon spits questions at us in rapid fire succession, and issues brutal responses in the event we get anything even slightly wrong. He doesn't spare me from his harsh commentary, but every now and then when no one is looking, he shoots me a quick grin. Once, he even winked at me when Taehyung and I were the last ones to file out of a patient's room. It made me blush ever so slightly, but it also made Taehyung "want to gouge his eyes out."