thirty five

I stumble out of the passenger seat of Jeongguk's black Range Rover, my cheeks red, my heart racing, and the first five buttons of my blouse undone. Hurriedly rounding the car, I comb my fingers through my unruly hair, and the sound of Jeongguk's mischievous laughter fills my ears. I shoot a dirty look over my shoulder at him, where smirks at me with swollen lips from the open window.

"I'm going to be late for the third time this week because of you." I inform him, trying my best to sound angry about it. In reality, my whole body feels electric.

"Relax, I think I can pull some strings with your resident." He teases, and I roll my eyes, regardless of the laugh bubbling from my lips. "Oh, wait. I am your resident."

"Ha, you've got jokes today, don't you? Let's see who's laughing when people start connecting the dots that we're both late on the same days." I retaliate, and his smirk only widens, his tongue peeking out to lave over his lips. "What? Stop looking at me like that. Why are you looking at me like that?" 

"Sorry, it's really hard to take you seriously when your shirt is only halfway buttoned and you're acting like a few minutes ago you didn't just have your hand down my--"

"Okay, that's enough. You're a menace. My boyfriend is a menace to society." I rush forward to interrupt him with a clumsy finger to his lips. He merely kisses my finger, and I sigh in defeat. He's so cute, it's so annoying. Busying my hands with the buttons of my shirt, I lean down and peck his lips one more time, giving in. "Alright, bye." I murmur, and he smiles at me, one of his big, genuine smiles that seems to be reserved just for me.

"Bye, have a good shift." He says sweetly, and like that, I'm running towards the entrance. I ponder my current situation as I make my way towards the locker room. Every day for the past week, I have found myself being driven to and from work by Jeongguk. I've only slept over one other time after our heart to heart, after getting drunk on wine and the way Jeongguk tastes. Regardless, he pulls up in front of my relatively shabby apartment each morning without fail, and we enjoy the drive together.

What we do in the parking lot before work, however, is going to be the death of me. Firstly, if anyone sees us, we're dead. Secondly, if anyone makes the logical connection that we're both late at the same time, we're dead. And, thirdly, if I continue to be late when we switch residents for different surgical rotations, I'm dead. But, God, he's impossible to resist. Ever since that night last week we haven't been able to keep our hands off each other.

"Well, well, well." Taehyung sighs dramatically as I try to inconspicuously slip into the locker room. With Taehyung's observant nature and his penchant for teasing me, I should have known I wouldn't be so lucky. "Look who decided to show up." I just groan in response, quickly stripping off my shirt that I only just buttoned. "You should tell Dr. Jeon to factor time for...extracurricular activities into your morning commute. That way, you'd still get some, and you'd be on time!" Tae at least has the decency to lower his voice for the last part, but Hoseok, who sits on the bench behind us fully dressed, still listens in with a laugh. 

"At least they're doing it in the car. The second I start hearing things coming from the on-call room, I'm reporting you to HR." Hoseok joins in, and the giggling Taehyung high fives him. Jimin pulls on his shirt and slams the door to his locker next to mine.

"You guys should be thanking Bong Soon. It's thanks to her that rounds are pushed back to 7:30 instead of 7." He chimes in, and I finish pulling my pants on with a sigh.

"Is that all?" I ask.

"Yeah. I used up my other jokes when you were late earlier this week." Taehyung jokes, and I shoot him a look. "Okay, now I'm done." The two other men snicker anyway.