Chapter 20 - Dug Up Memories

Start from the beginning

"Really? But you guys are together still right? I mean I'm assuming since you're holding hands" Ariana joked. I looked back down at my hand intertwined with Jasons and I chuckled.

"Yeah, I been getting to know him all over again until I could remember" I told them.

"Ouch." Bates said and Ronnie elbowed him then they glanced each other.

"Ouch is right, but again, she gave me a chance and everything is going great" Jason said as he let go of my hand and wrapped his arm around my waist. I couldn't help, but to smile and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Oh I remember when you guys were like two months in and we would talk amd you always had the same look on your face talking about him" Ariana said making me smile wider.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded. These people seem really nice. I can't wait to remember them too.

***

Gigi and I are currently looking through our year book from our high school days. I think it's from sophomore year. We are talking about everyone who was in our grade.

"Oh my god, Matthew! I wonder how he is doing these days. We used to be really close" Gigi said as she pointed to Matthews picture.

Then Travis started to laugh and said, "We know how he is" Jason had a serious look on his face and mouthed "shut up" to him. Weird.

"What?" Gigi asked them. "How would you guys know?" Gigi asked.

"You guys knew him?" I asked them. Jason just glared over at Travis.

"I forgot I'm sorry" Travis said quietly to Jason, but we still heard him.

"Forgot what?" Gigi asked them. I looked at them confused. Why are they acting like that?

"Jason" Gigi said his name like she was getting irritated. Jason looked over at us and looked Gigi in the eyes.

"He's dead" He said in a low tone.

"What?" Gigi and I said loudly at the same time.

Dead?

"How do you know? And how did he-" Gigi stopped talking and gasped.

"What?" I asked her. She just stared Jason in the eyes pissed off as he stared back at her.

"Fuck" Travis said quietly.

"Someone say something" I begged.

"You killed him didn't you?" Gigi asked him in a tone like she was disgusted with him.

Jason killing Matthew? There's no way.

I looked over at Jason who was just staring back at Gigi, I knew it must have been true. I started to feel sick.

"Before we left our hometown, you told Mackenzie you killed someone innocent because you blacked out. Was it Matthew?" She asked him. I can tell she was ready to fight with him. I looked back over at him.

"Yeah" He answered her.

"You killed him?" I asked quietly and his eyes traveled to me and they softened.

"Angel, let me exp-" I cut him off.

"No" I said shaking my head. "I don't think I want to hear it" I said back quietly. I stood up quickly along with Gigi. "I'm going to be sick"

"Me too, Mack, me too" Gigi said and grabbed my hand and started to walk out of the room.

"Wait" I heard Jasons voice. He went to grab my hand.