Chapter 13: Law

•ღ•

*Snap* *Snap* *Snap*

After trimming Hanma's hair I moved in front of him to look at the results, I took a gel putting some on his hair as I sweep his hair to the side. Then I took a step back with a contented smile. I took the mirror facing it to him. "Done" I mumbled.

"How dull, Do you really have to change my hairstyle?" He asked, I put the mirror down the table as I cleaned my stuffs up. "Yeah or else you'll get caught by the cops." I shortly explained. After cleaning my stuffs up I put them inside the box as I carried the box towards my room.

"Well, you already caught me so what's the deal?" He asked, I stopped in my tracks turning my head to face him. He had a smirk on his face his eyes bored into mine. I put on a smile as I silently stood.

•ღ•

We walked, roaming inside the mall looking for some clothes suited for Hanma. I turned to look at him as he looked around uninterested then I let out a sigh. "How should I tell him?" I lowly mumbled when suddenly my eyes landed on a familiar figure. 

I hurriedly gathered the clothes shoving them into Hanma's hand. "Go and try them out" I said pushing him towards the fitting room. "Hey-!" When he was already inside a voice called out to me.

"Tachibana-san!" I turned to see Kaito standing in front of me panting. "Oh- Kaito-san" I greeted him with a smile but he growled at me. 

"I heard you quit your job?! Why?!" He asked with disbelief in his tone and everyone who was around us started to stare at us due to his loud voice. "Kaito-san can you please keep it down everyone is staring at us" I whispered.

He looked around then he turned back to me. "I'm sorry I was just so confused as to why you would quit when you really love your job" He sighed, I lowly smiled as I pat his shoulders. 

"Don't worry! You can still come to me when you need someone to talk to" I put my hand to my sides. 

"By the way, I never expected that I'd see you here. You're not the type who would go and shop inside a mall" He said, I silently gulped as I covered up a smile. 

"Well-" before I could say something a voice interrupted "(Y/n) All of these don't fit-" I turned to the fitting room and saw Hanma who just went out with a blank look on his face.

I could feel the tension thicken as Hanma and Kaito started staring into each other. "Genki!" I walked towards Hanma putting a hand on his elbow. "Were they too small for you?" 

This is bad, Kaito is sharp and quick to notice. I have to act for a while.

"Then let's try some other clothes there are other shops downtown so let's go there" I said then I turned to Kaito as I bowed my head. "Kaito-san, Thank you for the short time but I'm afraid we have to go" I said bowing my head then I pulled Hanma as we walked pass Kaito.

"Tachibana-san" I silently flinched as I stopped in my tracks. Did he notice? Did he figured Hanma out?- I gulped then I covered up a smile as I turned to face him. He had a playful smile on his face as he lifted a hand up to his head.

"Take care" He smiled as he waved his hand. My tensed heart relaxed as I waved my hand at him. 

•ღ•

After our shopping we went home and I noticed that ever since then Hanma was unusually quiet until we got home. I stepped inside first then he followed. I closed the door with a thud as I looked at his back. He put the bags on the couch then He turned to face me dead in the eyes.

"Earlier.. Why'd you quit your job?" He asked, I said nothing as I turn my gaze away from him. I loud stomp was heard then my collar was pulled forward. 

"Don't tell me?!-" I blinked my eyes then I lifted my hands up to hold his fist. "It was my choice Hanma so-" I stopped as soon as I saw the tears forming in his eyes, his grip on my collar loosed, his shoulders dropped.

"You thought quitting your job would protect me?!" He asked raising his voice, then he bit his lower lip. "You should've surrender me to the cops and put me in jail! Is that difficult?!-"

"You're right! I should've put you in jail a long time ago! But-" I gasped, panting as I clutched my chest, my heart tightened making it hard and painful to talk. "I can't do it to you. I can't surrender you even if I would become an enemy to the law" Forcing the words to get out of my lips even though it was burning my throat.

"I can't do it because I.. love you" I lowered my head, closing my eyes as I sobbed. After a few second I could feel something weighing on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Hanma's head resting on my shoulders.

"Then we're both enemies of the law" He mumbled on my shoulder. He pulled me to his chest his head still on my shoulder. I sniffled putting my hand on his chest as I smiled.

"Philippines. Let's live there?" I asked, gently pushing his chest to look up at him. He looked right in my eyes then he smiled. 

"Wherever you like" said Hanma, as he wiped my tears with his thumb. I smiled burying my face but in his chest.

•ღ•

I went out of the apartment feeling the chilly breeze hit my nape as I shivered from the cold then I went inside a blue car slamming the door shut.

"Kaito-san why did you call this hour?" I asked, he said nothing after facing me. "Agent 07 got abducted by BONTEN" He spoke, My eyes widened in shock but then later on it disappeared.

"Kaito don't worry! It's Agent 07, nothing bad will happen" I said patting his back. "I'm not worried about her! I don't care what happens to that spoiled brat" He heavily sighed turning to the side.

"So- Did you quit because of Hanma?" I stopped as I pulled my hand back putting it on my lap. Then I looked at him right in the eyes.

"Are you gonna tell the authorities?" I coldly asked, He looked at me dead in the eyes then he moved his eyes back on the wheel. "I have the rights to do so because what you did is against the law. You know that right? Well- of course you do" He had a serious look on his face as he looked at me

"Everyone working under the law does" He added

"Then I'll become the laws enemy" I declared.

•ღ•

As soon as (Y/n) got out of the car. Kaito leaned his head back as he looked at his side mirror where he could see the woman's back.

"Love can really make you do foolish things" He sighed as he closed his eyes.