Chapter 11: I don't know

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

After he took a bath I quickly patched his wounds as he stood on the sofa. It was quiet and only my hands working on his wounds are heard until he broke the silence. "Why'd you help me?" He asked, I focused on his wound as he winced a bit. 

"I don't know" I replied, wrapping the bandage over his waist. "Why'd you help me?" He caught my hand squeezing it tight, I look at him straight in the eyes and I could see rage and sorrow. I reached my free hand towards his cheeks as I caressed it with my thumb. 

"ARE YOU MOCKING ME?! SO WHAT IF I DIE AND THE COPS CAUGHT ME?!" He yelled veins popping on his forehead as he stared at me gritting his teeth, his eyes that were once dull and lifeless turned glossy.

"Hanma-kun.." Tears threatened to fall down, He let go of my hand, I reached my thumb to his eyes wiping his tears before they could fall, his lips were trembling as he looked down.

"Why would you help the person who broke you? Shouldn't you hand me to the cops?" He mumbled, I looked at him as he sniffled. This is my first time seeing him cry in front of me.

I sat on my bed scrolling through my phone looking at the reports about BONTEN a dangerous organization but this case wasn't assigned to me. Hanma's case was assigned to me. I look at the door putting my phone down my bed. 

He's sleeping on the couch, it must be cold outside. I turned to the cabinet, I stood from the bed heading towards the cabinet then I pull the drawer under it open grabbing a blanket.

I went outside the room and made my way towards the couch where he was shivering from the cold. I looked at his face he had black bags under his eyes and he looked so pale. I unfolded the blanket putting it over his body. 

I took one last glance at him and made my way towards my room. 

The next day, I woke up early as I made my way to the bathroom taking a quick bath after that I walked out of the room heading towards the kitchen cooking rice and afterwards I heated some water then I cooked some egg roll.

As soon as I was done, I made my way towards Hanma who was still asleep. I crouched down gazing at his face, his hair that was long was blocking his face. I reached my hand to brush his hair out of the way but then he caught my hand by surprise. 

I gasped but then later on smiled. "Good Morning Hanma-kun" I greeted, He sat up with a groan not letting go of my hand as he ran a finger through his hair. 

"What are you doing?" He asked making me look at him with a confused gaze. "Were you going to kill me?" He asked, I stood up before replying "No. Let's go breakfast is ready" 

He looked at my hand that was in his. My hand was wrapped with a bandage due to the injury I made. "It must've been deep" He lowly muttered, I pull my hand out of his grasp turning my back. "It's not that big of a deal. Let's go before the food gets cold" 

Fast-forward, I went inside the office and was greeted by my father who had a worried face on, he place a hand on my shoulders as he checked if I was okay. "What?" He pulled my injured hand then afterwards he clicked his tongue.

"If only I was there" I pull my hand back, smiling "Dad there's no need to worry." I looked down clenching my fist. "I made him escape I'm sorry" 

He put his hand on top of my shoulders, I looked at him as he smiled in relief. "I'm glad nothing worst happened to you" He pulled me in a hug. "If something bad happened to you I don't know what I would do" 

"There'll be a time that we'll capture Hanma Shuji, so don't feel down" He pat my back as he made his way towards his desk. "But you still have to report about what happened yesterday but you'll be consider since it was your day off." 

When the day was finally over I went straight home worried what Hanma-kun could be doing. I opened the door as I searched all over the living room. I closed the door behind me taking my shoes off putting them on the rack afterwards I took the tie off my hair, freeing them as they fell down my back.

"Hanma?" I called but no one answered. I raised a brow as I took a step forward "Hanma?" I called once again but there was still no one. I walked towards the kitchen checking if he was there but he wasn't. Then I moved to check my room but again he wasn't there. 

I paused deep in thought Where could he be? I walked towards the bathroom, I opened the door then I walk towards the tub that was covered by a curtain, I pushed the curtain to the side revealing Hanma sleeping in the tub.

"Hanma!" I worriedly called reaching my hand to him, when my fingers made contact with his skin it was hot. Does he have a fever?. I moved my hands to his neck and forehead. I clicked my tongue as I shook his shoulders. 

"Hanma-kun" I slowly called, he flutter his eyes open as he looked at me with tired eyes. "What?" He asked. "What are you doing here at the tub? You have a fever!" I worriedly said, helping him up.

I laid him down my bed taking his jacket off, his face was heating up tears escaping out of his closed eyes. It must be because of his temperature, I took a thermometer out putting it on his armpit. A few seconds I took it out and checked his temperature. 

My eyes widened at the result, 39.2?!  I hurried outside to cook some porridge.

After a few minutes I went inside with a tray of porridge, medicine and water. I pulled a chair to sit beside the bed putting the tray on the bedside table.

"Hanma-kun wake up for a bit" I shook his shoulders lightly. "You have to eat" He opened his eyes for a bit as he look at me. 

"(Y..Y/n)" He breathed as he lifted his hands weakly towards me, I held his hands and saw that he was still wearing the purple bracelet I made for him on our 2nd year anniversary. It brings me back.

I helped him sit up from the bed then afterwards I grabbed the bowl of porridge from the tray scooping it gently blowing on it to cool it down.

"Why... are you... doing this?" I paused then I look at Hanma who was looking at me. "What do you mean?" I asked, he said nothing so I placed the spoon in front of his mouth, he ate the porridge as I pull the spoon back.

"You shouldn't... help a criminal.. you're a cop right? If they find out.. that you.. are hiding me... you'll be in.. danger" He said.

I put the spoon down as I look at Hanma. He's right if someone ever finds out that I'm helping him, I'll be punished because it's against the law and worst I'll be put to jail. But for some reason I wasn't scared, I didn't care. Why? 

"You're right helping a criminal is against the law and I'm a cop so I'll be facing a punishment if the authorities finds out about it and I myself, don't even know why I'm helping you" There's a part of me that want to know why I'm helping him and I want to know as well.

"So you're helping me without knowing?" He asked, I casually nodded at his question, he weakly laughed "How dull"

I placed the spoon in front of his mouth, he ate the porridge as I pull the spoon back. It was followed by silence until I decided to break it. 

"Hanma-kun, tell me what do you plan to do?" I asked, my eyes still on the porridge as I blew on it to cool it down. "Who knows. I don't know myself either" He weakly answered.

I let out a chuckle as I look at him. "Then that makes the both us dull" 

When I was doe feeding him, I made him drink his medicine then afterwards he fell asleep. I grabbed a basin filling it with warm water then I grabbed a towel. I placed the basin on the chair beside me, soaking the towel with warm water then afterwards squeezing it placing the towel on top of Hanma-kun's forehead.

.....

Author's Note

Hey guys! How are you guys today? How was your day?

Take care always everyone!