Chapter 10: Future

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

Ever since that set up Emma and Hina made, Mikey and I started going out, well he just said he wanted me to move on and once I'm ready then we'll be official at first I didn't want it but I thought about it again and again then I decided to give it a try.

Maybe I'll finally move on from Hanma-kun.

Or so I thought..

We were sitting on the bench as I took a bite from my dorayaki, "It's delicious right?" Mikey asked, I nodded as I too another bite, I felt a thumb on the corner of my lips making me turn to Mikey.

"You had a red bean paste don't worry I got it out" He smiled, He stare at me, I stare at him back he had mesmerizing black eyes I didn't even realized our faces were inching closer and closer.

But as soon as he was getting close, Hanma crossed my mind and warm liquid started to roll down my cheeks. "Mikey, I can't" I looked away wiping my tears away.

"I knew it, you still love him do you?" He asked, I nodded silently as an answer. "I'm sorry but I just can't get him out of my head I.." I look at Mikey "I still love him" Tears were streaming down my face, I couldn't control my tears.

"I understand" Mikey smiled as he raised his hand up to my cheeks, wiping my tears using his thumb.

"But if he ever hurts you just know that I'm here" He smiled as he pull me into a hug.

12 years later

I walked inside the office where I could see Masato Tachibana, my father who lifted his head as soon as he noticed my presence.

"Are you done with your reports?" He asked, I nodded putting the papers on top of his desk, "Yes" I shortly replied, he looked through the file then he nodded. "You should take a break" He said, glancing at me.

"I heard you will be having a two days break" he said with a smile on his face. "Yeah" I smiled.

After twelve years I followed my fathers footsteps, I became a police officer just like him, catching criminals and sometimes I help in solving cases. 

I went inside my apartment, sighing as I closed the door behind me, I took my coat off, then I took my shoes off as I made my way towards the couch. It was an exhausting day I plopped down the couch. I stare at the ceiling reaching a hand to my chest where the (f/c) butterfly pendant rested.

I closed my eyes letting out another sigh. I wonder how Hanma-kun is doing? Is he eating well? Is he okay?

He was a wanted person and we police are still trying to find him.

I was deep in thought, thinking about him when suddenly my stomach growled, I let out another sigh as I got up heading towards the kitchen preparing for my dinner.

The next day I went and visited Hina-chan with a box of cupcakes in hand, I rang the belland a few seconds later the door opened revealing Takemitchi.

"Oh- (Y/n)-chan! come in" He opened the door wide, I smiled at him as I step inside. "Where's Hina-chan?" I asked looking around the room.

"She said she had to get something in the store" Takemitchi says, I made my way to the kitchen putting the box on the counter. "Well, I'll just leave this here" I said making my way to the door. "You're not staying?" Takemitchi asked, I turned to him, shaking my head.

"Just tell Hina I came" I said opening the door then I waved my hand as I went out.

While roaming on the street my phone that was on my hand vibrated, I looked at the caller and saw dad's name on it, I hurriedly pick the call.

"(Y/n)-chan! We need you..."  He stated the location and it was just near me, after he told me the full information I ran, hurrying on the alleyway and saw a bunch of cops there. 

Dad said he ran pass here just a few minutes ago so I'm guessing he hasn't gone that far, I followed where my head was telling me the person went and when I turned to a corner I saw a tall guy with a hood up his head.

"Freeze!" His back was turned to me so he doent know if I was holding a gun or not. He stood still with his hand raised in surrender, blood was dripping down his arm, looks like some cops shot him.

I walked towards him, and each step I take, my heart would pound on my cheeks loudly, there was this familiar feeling inside my chest. I pull his hand making him turn to me and then my heart started to pound like crazy.

He was standing in front of me, Hanma-kun was in front of me. 

"H-Hanma-kun" I mumbled, I look to his side and saw it was bleeding, he was shot twice. I could hear loud footsteps coming here, I turn behind me then at Hanma.

Third Person's P.O.V

As soon as the other cops arrived they saw a woman standing at the corner. "Tachibana-san!" They called making the woman turn to them. 

"He escaped" She said in a serious tone. "He was a skilled one" He walk towards them and they saw her bleeding arm and hand. 

"He had a knife with him, It was my fault I didn't bring any gun with me, I'll report this case later on" She said then the cops nodded.

"You can go now" She commanded, "You should head to the clinic Tachibana-san" The cop said but the latter just shook her head.

"I'll treat this on my own" She said then the cops nodded as they left.

She looked at her hand that was slit by a knife as the blood oozed out, then she turn as she walked back to the corridor where there was a big trashcan.

"I'm sorry for making you hide there" She said pushing the cover open, Hanma's pale figure greeted her. "How dull" He weakly mumbled.

....

Author's Note

Hey guys! How was your day? How are you today?

Anyways take care always everyone!