Chapter 7: Apart

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

After our date Hanma-kun walked me back to my apartment as we stopped in front of the building as I faced him. 

"I had a great time, except for the fight" I said as I looked at him. He had a smile on his face "Yeah, me too" He said. "I'll be going now" I said as I took a step back waving my hand then I turned my heels about to walk towards the building when a hand was wrapped around my wrist then something was put in the palm of my hands I looked at it and saw a little box. I looked up at Hanma-kun who was averting his gaze.

"I was about to give this to you earlier but I forgot so I hope you liked it" He said as he let go of my hand. I opened the box and saw a necklace that had a (f/c) butterfly pendant. It was shining like a diamond and it was so pretty.

I looked up at him and back at the necklace as I gently touched the pendant. I look back at him, his gaze was averted to the side with a tint of red on his cheeks

"It's not much and I know it's dull" He said as he looked down "If you don't like it then you can just return it if you want" He sighed

I tiptoed as I pecked his cheeks then I put my foot down the ground as I smiled.

"It's beautiful" I said as I took the necklace out of the box, I unlocked the lock of the necklace trying to put the necklace on but it was so hard.

"I'll do it" Hanma-kun went behind me as he held the necklace, I raised my hair up so that he could lock it easily.

When he was done I let my hair down then I moved my hand to the pendant as I caressed it then I looked at Hanma-kun.

"Guess I have to go now" I said as I waved my hand bye to him then I turn my heels walking towards the building.

The other week as I was walking at the streets I spotted Hanma-kun with a bunch of guys with him as they walked. I was about to walk up to him when suddenly.

"You have a nice ass girlfriend I heard someone saw you going out with her last week" 

"No I don't" Hanma-kun said I raised a brow at what he said

"What do you mean?" The guy with him asked "She's not my girlfriend" Hanma-kun firmly said

"So are you just using her?" The guy asked "So what if I'm using her?" Hanma-kun snickered. I stopped in my tracks as I turn my heels walking away from them.

He's just using me? What did I expect? That Hanma-kun would love me back? Yeah right I remembered I just agreed to do this to make him stop but why did I fell? We just did this so that he would stop and probably get tired of me, Why did I expect more? 

"(Y/n)-Nee" Hina called but I ignored her as I went inside my room locking my door as I threw my bag at the floor then I plopped down my bed as I hid under the sheets, crying as I hug my knees

Third Person's P.O.V

Hina was outside her sisters room as she tried to listen to what was going on, but she couldn't hear anything. 

Even at dinner her sister didn't show up until morning her sister still hasn't went out

There was already 77 missed calls from Hanma but she didn't even bother picking her phone up as she buried herself under the blanket. Her phone rang again and that meant 78 missed calls from Hanma.

How did she know?

She was counting everytime Hanma call.

After a few hours being locked inside the room she decided to go out. As she went out of the room she could she her sister's worried expression. "(Y/n)-Nee come and eat!" She worriedly says but the girl just shook her head.

"I'll just... eat outside" She weakly muttered as she went out of the apartment. She walked on the streets her eyes roaming around the streets but she didn't find any place interesting. 

"(Y/n)-chan!" She turned to see Mikey with Draken behind him. "Mikey" She mumbled as she look at Mikey, "Are you lost?" He asked as he raised a brow "Oh, I was just finding a place to eat" She answered 

"I know a place" Mikey pulled her hand as he ran pulling the latter. "Oi! Mikey slow down!" Draken sighed as he followed the two

"You look kinda sad what happened?" Mikey asked the latter who just shook her head. "I just haven't eaten since last night that's all" She replied as she started eating the omelette that was served in front of her.

"I see" Mikey laughed as he started eating his parfait.

"You have a pretty necklace" He complimented as he stares at the butterfly pendant.

"T-Thanks" She averted her gaze trying to shake Hanma off her head. 

When they were done they bid goodbye's as she decided to go to the park but when she arrived she saw Hanma sitting on the bench with a cigarette between his lips.

'Should I ask him now?' She mustered up all of her courage as she made her way towards Hanma, She snatched the cigarette that was between his mouth as she took a step back raising it up.

"You didn't even bother answering my calls and here you are pestering me" Hanma stood up about to snatch his cigarette back but she moved her hand to her back not wanting to let Hanma get his cigarette back.

"You know damn well I can get that cigarette back right?" Hanma deadpanned as he took a step forward but the girl took a step back.

"I'll give this back to you if you answer this" (Y/n) said making Hanma scoff at her offer "What is this a riddle?" He snickered.

"Are you really just using me?" (Y/n) looked up at him with her (e/c) orbs expecting for Hanma's answer.

Hanma who heard her question let out a chuckle. "Well I guess there's no need to pretend" He looked at the girl in front of him with a serious gaze "Yes" He firmly spoke, but he was watching what her reaction would be.

Would it be like the other girls who slaps their boyfriends? Would it be like the other girl who would curse their boyfriends? He studied her reaction.

'Hate me! Curse me! Slap me! Tell me that you don't need me anymore! Tell me that you don't love anymore!' That was what flooded into Hanma's head. He wanted her to resent him, to regret that she met him.

But instead the girl just smiled "I see" She gently pulled Hanma's hand as she put the cigarette between his index and middle finger. "Thanks for telling me" She turn around as she left Hanma.

Hanma wanted to take everything back but she was already too far for him to reach. And it was the right thing to do because he just wanted to protect the girl he loved even if it hurts him, but he has to let go or else she'll be put to danger like what happened.