Chapter 11: The Chunin Exams

The next morning, Sasuke and Sakura were waiting for Naruto to take the Chunin exams together after they received the applications yesterday and how they're going to be competing against other people from different nations. Furthermore, the Chunin selection exams take part in three different stages, all means to test genin in having the necessary skills and judgment required to become a Chunin. This was a bit more challenging to Sakura because she knew that she can't catch up with Naruto and Sasuke instead of becoming the strongest ninja. What a disappointment.

"Hey! Sakura!" Naruto ran towards them.

"Hi... Good morning," she said nervously when Sasuke took notice of her false expression.

"Sakura... She seems weird today," he thought while Sakura was helping Naruto to write his name on his application.

Later on, Team Guy has been trying to enter the first Chunin exam that was being held in room 301.

"You should quit now," the leaf ninja suggested.

"You're just a little kid," the other one claimed.

"Please... Let us through," a girl with brown hair in two buns pleaded as she walked towards them until she got punched and fell back onto the floor.

"Listen. The Chunin exam isn't easy... Even we have failed it 3 straight times," the leaf ninja said.

"Those who take this exam end up quitting as shinobis. Those who die during the exam, we've seen it all. And Chunin often becomes the captain of military teams. The failure of a mission. The death of a comrade... That is all the captains' responsibility. Yet, kids like you think you can pass? We are just thinning out those that will fail anyway. What's wrong with that?" The other ninja explained.

"I agree but... you will let me pass through and also remove this surrounding created with genjutsu. I'm going to the 3rd floor," Sasuke said calmly.

"What's that guy talking about?"

"I don't know." The foreign ninjas murmured to each other, feeling confused.

"Ah... So you noticed," he smirked at Sasuke, who smirked back and asked his teammate.

"Sakura. You have sharp eyes and must have noticed it first, right?"

"Huh?" She was startled and puzzled at the same time.

"Your analytical ability and genjutsu know-how are the most improved on our team," he said, knowing that he was complimenting her, which made her blushed and smiled.

"Sasuke... Thank you," she thought overwhelmingly while Sasuke smiled secretly.

"Of course, I noticed it a while ago because this is a second floor," she pointed out confidently.

"Yup!" Naruto agreed when room number 301 changed into an actual room number 201.

"Hmm... Not bad... But all you did was... see through it!" The leaf ninja swung his leg as well as Sasuke just when a boy with a bowl haircut stopped them from kicking each other.

"He's fast... He was able to see both kicks and slide himself in between? This is... He's completely different from the person that was getting knocked around earlier...!" Sakura thought, as the boy dropped their legs on the floor.

"Catching my kick with his hand... What's this chakra in his arms?" Sasuke thought curiously at them.

"Ah," the boy sighed tiredly and his teammate asked. "Hey, what happened to the plan? You're the one who said we shouldn't draw attention to ourselves," he said in a serious tone.