"Apart from Seven I guess. He was getting a lap dance in front of us." I point out.

"Maybe." Mesha shrugs.

"But he wasn't touching her with his hands. I've seen him with girls a couple times and he's never touching them." Mesha confesses. My mind runs back to the image of the stripper straddling his lap, and I do remember seeing his hands splayed on the seat next to him not touching the dancer at all.

"What is he really like? Seven I mean." I ask her.

"I've only met him a handful of times. He's not usually at the club so I've seen him probably four times maximum. Your meeting was the first time I'd talked to him to be honest. But I've heard and seen enough of him to know he's not very nice." Mesha confesses.

"So he's just always a prick then?" I ask her chuckling.

"Major prick." Mesha widens her eyes for emphasis and we both laugh.

"I hope I don't have to deal with him much then." I sigh putting the pile of flimsy material into a black duffel bag.

"I doubt you will. Like I said he's hardly even at the club." Mesha gets up off the floor and checks the time on her wrist.

"Is Seven his real name?" I ask her and she chuckles.

"I doubt it. Well I hope for his own sake his mother didn't name him that." She giggles and I join her.

"You've got half an hour till it's eight." She warns me.

"I should probably get going then. Don't want to be late." I check myself over quickly in the mirror. I've done my make up but have just a plain nude coloured bodysuit and faux leather shorts. It's the same outfit I've been wearing all day while Mesha and I got lunch and went shopping so it's not very thought out but I know I won't be wearing it long once I start working.

"So you're completely sure about this

"So you're completely sure about this." Mesha asks as I lock my apartment door.

"Yes." I know she's just looking out for me but her persistent need to know if I'm sure about this is getting slightly annoying.

"And you'll text me to tell me how it goes or if you need someone to come kidnap you?" She asks.

"Yes. You'll be my first choice as my abductor." I confirm with a smile which she returns.

Her hands find my cheeks and for a second I think she's going to kiss me.

"Be safe. Don't go home with any guys and make sure someone walks you to your car when you leave the club." Her brown eyes pour into mine earnestly, and I can't help but think about how happy I am that I met her. Not only because of this job opportunity but because she really is a good friend to me and we've only known each other three weeks.

"I will." I promise her.

My drive to the club is quick, mostly because I'm slightly speeding in fear that I won't get there in time like Seven warned me. But when I pull up outside Club Venus I have five minutes before it's officially eight.