He sniffed at the breeze that blew the threads of my hair in his direction. “I love you,” he whispered something I didn't heard. “So much that it hurts knowing the possibility that this will be the last..”

I shooked my head ignoring my curiosity to ask what he whispered. Through my narrowed eyes I watched the trail of lanterns as we walked towards the chapel that is surrounded with the glowing lanterns.

I paused for a while when Gremory excused himself to buy some lanterns. To participate on the festival we must buy the lantern and we have to write our wished or whatever on the small piece paper attached on it. My mind was preoccupied that I nearly screamed when Gremory kissed my shoulder wrapping his arms around me, the lanterns were held by his other hand.

“Nothinh really works on concealing your beauty..” He said all of a sudden and handed me the marker.

I frowned. “Huh?”

Gremory adorably pouted his lips, “those,” I glanced at the direction he is pointing. Men that were on the side looking at me while blushing? “Buntis ka na nga pinopormahan ka pa..” Anito, nagmamaktol.

I smirked arrogantly. “Ako lang ‘to.” Ani ko.

Gremory’s lips turned into a grim line. “Oo ikaw lang iyan, ikaw na alam kung paano ako pahulugin..” Banata nito hindi ko inaasahan.

I blushed at his sudden remarks. “What?! Ang korny mo!” Nasabi ko nalang kahit na ang totoo ay halos magwala ang puso ko sa mga narinig. Palibhasa alam niya kung gaano kalakas ang epekto nito sa akin. Instead of moving we stayed again for awhile, I don't if this is the date he really wanted or not. Dahil buntis ako ay hindi namin magawang maglibot ng tuloy-tuloy bawat hakbang ko’y may pahinga ang pagitan.

The fireworks display continued, maingay pero kay ganda sa paningin. If Deiry was here I'm sure she'll rsnt about how noisy it is but eventually will be drawn into the beauty of those dancing lights on the sky. She’s still at the hospital refusing to meet any of his acquaintance when he found out that I'm pregnant she fainted I thought she'll fell into coma again. Pagkagising nito’y walang habas niyang tinalakan si Gremory. Instead of being irritated, Gremory smiled wholeheartedly maybe seeing his sister made him happy. Hanggang ngayon ay walang ideya si Deiry dahil naghahanap kami ng tamang tiyempo, Genco was under watch of Secret Service along with his connection, Jameson still we don't know what exactly his condition is because Clasper blocked all the monitors.

Wala na akong dapat problemahin dahil ang mga taong gusto kong balikan ay hinaharap na ang sariling karma. It was only I realized that it is time to write our wishes on the small paper when people started to count. Naghiwalay kami ni Gremory para patas ayaw ko kasing malaman nito ang mga isusulat ko maging ang kanya dahil wala akong interes basahin iyon.

I started to write one by one. It became a list, I chuckled para akong bata tuwing pasko na inililista ang mga bagay na gustong matanggap mula kay Santa Claus.

I wish Greg will be born healthy.
I wish forgiveness for all.
I want to thank Emily in heaven and my tatay.
I wish for both of us, Gremory and I, for a genuine peace even though we calculated schemes.. If we weren't meant to be despite of having a kid I wish the time comes that we will meet each other's home and the love we desperately seek and held.

It may the end of for us, still individually we have a long way to go.

Fireworks kept on spreading to the sky, the sounds of the cheering crowd made the place more cheerful. Both of us finished writing and in the last discharge of fireworks together we released our lanterns.. It was a sight to behold, the moment our lanterns took their own path as they flew on different direction, me and Gremory let each other go...

It was truthfully devastating when you invest yourself on someone you thought will reciprocate those whisper of affection.

Truthfully, it is a pain trying letting go in order to heal despite of believing  everything is okay..

Truthfully, it is shameful talking about how dark your past is.. Embrass when you think of what are you in the past, naive, coward and desperate..

A

lthough, thanks to those sharp edge knife that cutted me into pieces I was built strong, and still standing here with a head held high.

I still have a long list to encounter but I'm sure this time I'll handle it all and be the best version of myself with or without someone to lean on. As season changes, like a old paper and a tint of the ink I managed to last longer and determined to write my own future that no one can erase.

_________
#End

A/N: See you at Epilogue. Advance Happy New Year!