Chapter 44

The wedding

The march was too slow as I struggled to pace my steps into it's rhythm. Mercifully, the aisle was very short that I can see the groom already, no other than Genevorld Fortaleza or should I say Santillan–––younger brother of the man from the past whom I shared with ill feelings.

I was uncomfortable, anxious and paranoid. The beach wedding was held in Sitio Tirik Mata showcasing the wonders and perfection of this place but as I continued to stare at this place all I could grasp were emptiness. Kung hindi lang nagmakaawa si Clasper ay tatangihan ko ito, they wanted me to be the wedding singer at first I thought of accepting it because he mentioned the name Shamaine. It rang a familiar face on my mind not until Clasper confirmed that she was the bestfriend of Galatea, ah the cheerful and supportive girl  on our batch.

“So?” I boredly asked. “They want me to be the wedding singer? Why? Marami namang iba riyan at saka I'm too busy.”

Clasper gave me a dead pan look, “busy?” He lifted his eyebrow. “You busy breathing while laying on the couch and overthinking for the past weeks?” I gulped, busted. I couldn't hide at Clasper. “Ano bang nangyari? I don't want to prey but you seemed problematic these days. Viech told me about your meeting with Rossweisse and since thay you became like this.”

“Nothing much,” I lied.

Clasper silently and sat besides me. He covered my body with his warmth, I calmed at his embrace. “Did something happened? Did you met that guy?” I shut my eyes off, he was emphazing the word guy clearly pertaining to the one and only guy who made my life a living nightmare.

I sighed. “Letter..” Clasper just sat besides me as his embrace became tighter, he kissed my hair. “Rossweisse gave me a letter saying someone told him to deliver it for me. Of course who would be the mastermind? The one who's close to him? Do they still think I'm the Dorothy from the past for not finding out who's behind this?” I gritted my teeth in frustration.

“And?”

“I read the letter. It was asking what happened four years ago. What happened to Dorothy Smile Felipe who's currently registered as dead and why Smile Felipe appeared instead. ” It was the thing that kept me on overthinking, I couldn't figure out what they wanted. Or if they knew something. Did they discovered ‘it’?

Eager to shake off my nightmare, Clasper held my cheeks as we stared on each other's eyes. “I’ll make sure to look for it. You don't have to be worried I'll protect you.. I'll protect you..” He murmured.

It was romantic but then brought a pang on my chest. The hole in it kept on being deeper, those words wasn't for me.. rather for someone else.

That night I agreed to the request and when the morning came Clasper woke me up saying he already packed our things and I should hurry up for the wedding. I didn't protest because of exhaustion, the last thing I knew was me, Clasper and Viech riding on the car.

“You didn't tell me this beforehand.” I exhaled in annoyance, “you did this on purpose!” The outburst was intense that I wanted to kick him on his mosr sensitive part.

Clasper didn't tell me who's the groom and where is the venue! Nang magising ako’y doon ko nalamang napagtanto kung anong lugar ang pinuntahan namin. No other than Sitio Tirik Mata! I hated this place, I swore on my life that even death won't urge me to set a foot on this soil.

I was tricked!

“It’s okay, sasamahan naman kita and besides nandito naman ang bestfriend mo.” He said on a calm voice, I frowned. Clasper isn't the type of person who's reckless but why?