My forehead touch his, our eyes met. Gremory cried, “let’s be better for each other..”

_________________

Hawak ko ang isang bouquet ng bulaklak at si Gremory nama’y bitbit ang basket na punong-puno ng prutos habang ang isang kamay nito’y nasa bewang ko’t nakaalalay.

Ngayon ang araw nang pagdalaw namin kay Deiry. She woke up from three months of being in coma, Feitan was the first person to know. He fainted when he saw Deiry opening her eyes.

I glanced at the man beside me. “I want to see her soon..” Gremory whispered, “she doesn't have any idea that this man is related to her.. I wonder if she'll accept it once she learn about the truth?” With worried expression I tiptoe and kissed his cheeks.

Astonished. “What? Paano mo nasabing magkapatid kayo? Gremory this isn't a joke..” Garalgal ang boses ko habang nakikinig sakanya. I gathered all of my self conviction and courage to ask him because it's related to my bestfriend.

He smiled bitterly. “How I wish I'm just joking.. We're blood related, she and I are half siblings just like Genevorld. We have the same father, anak siya sa pagkadalaga ng nanay niya. We're around at age so it's was unacceptable just thinking that my mother was fighting for her life as she give birth to me there's also a same woman giving birth to my father's daughter.”

It's a mess. Gremory‘s family from moral, beliefs and social norms.. Are they insane? I had a glimpse of what kind of family he grew up but it was horrible.

“How did you find out?” I asked once again.

“I just saw it on the documents on my father's belongings. What is insane? They collect child and woman like a sort of collectibles or toys. Over fifteen birth certificates are stored there and all of them has my father's name. I hated it..”

Sabay kaming pumasok ni Gremory sa kwarto ni Deiry. There she was sitting on the bed while staring at nowhere, she was in a deep thought.
I cleared my throat to caught her attention and I didn't fail, with her widened eyes and parted lips.

Carefully I took a fast step and embrace her. “D..Deiry!” I started sobbing, “h-hindi mo alam kung gaano ako nag-alala! Akala ko may mangyayaring masama sa iyo! Akala ko hindi ka na magigising!”

“I-I’m sorry... Sorry, Dorothy..”

“You made all of us worried to death!”

“I’m really sorry.. You and Feitan really has your ways to make me guilty.”

It took me an hour to calmed down my eyes were swollen and Gremory doesn't have the choice but to buy me my cravings all of a sudden.

Hinarap ko ito.  "Alam mo bang pinag-alala mo ako ng sobra?!" Nakaupo ako sa tabi niya habang nagbabalat ng prutas. "Imagine, comatose ka ng ilang buwan tapos ah, eto pa. Kasabayan mo lang na-aksidente yung pinsan mo. Buti nalang hindi ka pa kinuha ni Lord, masamang damo ka kasi. " I shrugged my shoulders when I noticed her glares.

Natigilan ako ng sambitin niya ang pangalang iyon. "R-Rossweisse?" Tanong niya. Hindi ko alam kung paano ipapaliwanag sakanya ang lahat pabalik sa mga pangyayari sa nakalipas na tatlong buwan.

I smiled sadly, "friend, may kasalanan ako.." And started to laugh awkwardly.  "Hindi ko alam na kung bobo ako mas bobo pala si Rossweisse."

Her forehead creased. "Bakit?"

I pouted. "Kasi naman, hindi ba nga kasabayan mong na aksidente yung pinsan mo?" She nodded. "So that time kasi naghihingalo ka na kaya syempre as a supportive friend nag-iiyak at nagwala ako para naman hindi mo masabing wala akong ambag sa pagkamatay mo if kunin ka na ni Lord."

"Gaga."

"Iyon nga, nasabi ng doctor na patay ka na. Iyon ang pagkakaintindi ni Rossweisse, supposed to be that news wasn't meant to you, it was your cousin but Rossweisse took that idea and he mourned. Best actress pa man din ako kaya pinrank ko. Hindi ko talaga inexpect na didibdibin niya! Promise!" Napanga-nga ito sa nalaman. "The last thing I knew was he continue the wedding..."

Before I could utter another word she looked away, playing with her fingers that she always do when something is heavy. Deep inside heavy.  "He's probably happy now with Ivory.. I see.."

I tried to talk about Rossweisse again but she diligently changed the topic. How couldd I explain to you that on first month Rossweisse was devastated at the thought you died and began to destroy himself? Na kailangan pang i over take ng tatay nito ang kumpanya dahil palagi itong umiinom at nagwawala? Paano ko sasabihing hindi na mabilang kung ilang ulit siyang nagpabalik-balik sa hospital dahil sa suicide attempt?

How can I deliver this words to you, to a person who made her mind?

Rossweisse had agreed to marry someone else but still you're the one he imagine during the bride walks on the altar? That the wedding failed because of Xerxes and their friends?That Ivory wasn't pregnant with his child and still it's you who he truly yearned? That he always regretted not telling you those words of confirmation.. On the day he thought you died he wanted to end himself also.

Why it is hard for us?

“I’m planning on going to New York.” She said. Deiry again, made up her mind.

I smiled, hindi ko man lang nasabi ang tungkol sakanila ni Gremory.. At satingin ko wala akong karapatan dahil alam kong silang dalawa dapat ang mag-usap patungkol doon. “Basta kung saan ka masaya lagi mong tatandaan na nasa likod mo ako parati hindi nga lang literal.” We held hands and laughed together.

A lighter feeling. A period that ended everything but then it could be a start for something.. New beginning.
____________
#Period