10. Hospital stories

Start from the beginning

"Whoa whoa whoa, do you really think I'd physically hurt Kate? That I somehow pushed her to fall and injure her arm?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Well...when we asked Kate what happened...she said that you happened, and we- I assumed that...maybe..." Sofía said stuttering, growing more and more nervous under my gaze.

"Are we going to forget the fact that Sofía just assumed to have very illegal documents on her power?" Jennifer asked clasping her hands together. "Oh, and let's not forget about her...I bet very illegal contact too?" she added, looking fanatically at me and then at Sofía.

"I didn't do anything to Kate" I said ignoring Jennifer previous statement. "I didn't even insult her, so I was practically a saint" I said almost whining, ugh, I have never whined until the very right moment that Sofía came into my life.

Sofía and Jennifer looked at each other warily, I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms and then my legs; Sofía's eyes were attached to my now exposed thighs, not exactly my plan but it always helps.

"I don't have time for ruining people's life, I already have a hobby" I said clacking my tongue.

Sofía walked carefully to a chair that was two seats away from mine, and with that gesture alone I knew she was about to ask me something. But as the cowards she is, she always goes to a place where she can escape before asking me anything.

"Then...what happened? With Kate I mean, when you were alone" she asked carefully.

Jennifer was looking at me as expectantly as Sofía was, I sighed and adjusted my position so I'd be more comfortable, hospital chairs suck. I looked at both of them for a slip second, and then I started.

"Okay...so after you two got into the classroom..."

Start of flashback...

"Hi, I'm Kate" the redhaired woman said, when we were all alone.

She was holding her hand out for me to shake, and I took it warily, while I inspected her appearance up close. I looked intensely at every inch of her face, her lips were plump and pink, her eyes were a light brown and...she was beautiful.

She had shinny eyes, long red hair and was way taller than Sofía, but thanks to the heels I was wearing, I was still towering over her.

"I haven't seen you around, are you a teacher? Or...Sofía's friend?" She asked, tilting her head.

I took my sweet time in answering, inspecting her face and her appearance as a whole. She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans and an oversized t-shirt, something that Sofía would never use. But I've got to admit that it looked good on Kate, she wasn't doing the 'dress to impress' thing, but somehow...I was impressed.

"I teach algebra" I said coldly, going back to examining her.

Deep down I was hoping she wouldn't be so...stunning; it was obvious that she didn't put much effort in her look, but there was something about her that felt so natural, and the fact that she wasn't even trying to be pretty and was completely stunning was just...upsetting.

"Um...are you also looking for Miss. Montgomery?" she asked, now aware that I was either checking her out shamelessly or taking mental notes of her for my next murder.

"I was looking for you" I said with a smirk. Sofía isn't here, and if I already ran into Kate, better to get all the information that I can about her, and the real reason why she is here.

"Oh...oh" She said, her tone getting lower in confusion. "I control the gay panic, the gay panic doesn't control me" she whispered to herself a second after, while she was looking at the floor.