"What does that mean?" Allison asked.

"She was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy."

Luther frowned. "Well, if her hardware is degrading, then we need to turn her off."

Diego immediately protested. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. She's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in a closet. She feels things. I've seen it!"

Luther stared at him. "She just stood there, Diego, and watched our father die."

"I'm with Luther," Allison told them.

Diego glared at her. "Surprise, surprise."

"Shut up."

They turned to Vanya and Adriana and Diego nodded sharply. "Yeah, she shouldn't get a vote. Adriana? What do you think?"

Adriana's eyed him curiously. "I get a vote? Uh, well, Vanya is your sister. She should get a vote. As for me, no. You shouldn't turn her off. When I first came to the mansion, Grace was kind and helpful. She taught me English and was like a mother to me."

Diego glanced down. "Okay, she should get a vote." He turned to Klaus. "What about you, Stoner Boy?"

Klaus frowned. "Oh, so what? You need my help now? 'Get out of the van, Klaus!' Well, welcome back to the van."

Allison's brow furrowed. "What van?"

Luther glared. "What's it gonna be, Klaus?"

"I'm with Diego, because screw you! And if Ben were here, he'd agree with me."

"No, I wouldn't," Ben replied.

Klaus hissed at the open air where Ben was and Adriana smirked.

"It's four against two, anyway," Diego reasoned.

"Vote's not final yet. Five's not here yet," Allison reminded them. "The family has to vote. We owe each other that."

They agreed to wait for Five. Luther and Klaus left and Diego headed up the stairs.

Adriana went back to her room to continue stretching in preparation to dance.

"You all seem upset," Grace said. "I'll bake cookies."

---

Alarms sounded throughout the Academy and bright red lights flashed.

Allison ran downstairs and through the halls. "Coming through! Come on, Luther!"

Sir Reginald strolled through the halls as he said, "How will the Umbrella Academy ever become an effective crime deterrent if we can't even leave the house on time for missions?"

"Behind you!" Luther called.

"Come along, children! Come along!"

Grace poked her head into each child's room. She entered Allison's first. The teen was rifling through her drawers.

Allison turned to her mom. "I can't find my domino mask."

Grace smiled. "It needed a little bit of TLC after the last mission."

Allison took it from her mother's hand. "Thanks, Mom."

Grace came upon Luther's room and he was doing push-ups. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," Luther grunted.

Diego darted across the hall. "Where's my knives?"

Grace walked further down the hall and heard violin music. "Sounds beautiful, Vanya."