Chapter 9

"greetings, my Lord"

Said the woman's voice, she sounded both frightened and regal at the same time.

Izuku was even more confused now, lord? Him? No, she has to be talking about someone else.

But the albino snake kept looking at him.

Wait how did he know that the snake was the one speaking to him?

Quirked animals were incredibly rare and even if they had a quirk it was something that would help them survive. Like faster healing, camouflage, strength or speed enhancers and more.

A telepathic snake would have been killed off very quickly as the first reaction is always to use ones quirk as an instinct, if it's not a quirk that would help you then tough luck.

Roughly sensing what the boy was thinking, and realizing that if she didn't stop him this conversation was going to go far worse than it already had, she spoke to him again.

"May I explain this to you, my Lord?"

Izuku snapped out of his trance and made direct eye contact with the snake, a chill ran down all the snakes' spines as his pupils changed from circles to more reptilian slits.

This was actually him concentrating and trying to prod at the invisible string that was uncomfortably attached to his skull, not knowing that his quirk was affect all the snakes in the room.

Seeing how long the silence continued, the albino snake grew nervous. She needed for him to accept her offer considering she herself would be able to survive all that long due to her condition.

Making his decision, Izuku nodded for her to continue, he had no reason to say no after all.

And the more information he got on his brand new quirk, the better.

The snake, now not nearly as tense as before, started to explain.

First things first, why they were here.

Each and every one of the snakes in this room had a quirk, though there were only four of them that Izuku took immediate interest in.

The other's quirks he'd analize later.

The giant reticulated python who's quirk he mentally named Berserker, allowed him to enter a state where his physical abilities grew tenfold and his size threefold. The only downside was that it only lasted five minutes.

Apparently he came from a zoo.

How in the hell any of the vets didn't notice that he had a quirk is incredibly concerning to him, but oh well.

The second snake was the one who found him in the alley, apparently she had a size manipulation quirk that allowed her to shrink or enlarge anything she came into contact with for the next 24 hours. The downside was that the person she used her quirk on needed to stay in a 20 meter radius or it would be undone.

He aptly called it size change.

Snake number three's quirk Izuku was currently seeing in action, he was basically a quirk enhancer. He could buff anyone's quirk as long as he could physically touch them for longer than three seconds. The downsides were that he had to close his eyes in order to do it, the quirk used his stamina, he had to stay still for it to work and if he broke concentration it wouldn't work either.

Even if it had a lot of requirements, the ways he could use the quirk were near infinite!

Izuku quickly shoved aside all his theories, named the quirk boost and moved on.