Chapter 8

Izuku woke up groaning, sleeping on the couch didn't really do any good for his back.

Sitting up, he remembered why de decided to sleep on the couch instead of his perfectly fine bed.

How would he even deal with the snakes?

Okay, first course of action is always look it up on the internet.

Reaching over to the coffee table where his phone was, he felt his back pain getting worse.

Now that he thought about it, why didn't he just sleep in the guest room? Would've made his morning much more pleasant.

Googling 'what to do when a snake follows you home and is in your room?' actually did help. The website told him to make a clear way for the snake to get out and then if necessary, use a broom to help it shimmy along.

It also said that he should call a professional exterminator, but he decided that it'd be better to think about that later.

Izuku moved the couch and chairs around so there'd be one big path leading to the front door.

Grabbing a broom, he went up to the door and took a second to calm down.

But after realizing that snakes could, y'know, bite, he went to izumi's room and grabbed her pillows.

Armed with a broom and having tied pillows to his limbs, he opened the door.

Immediately when the door was opened multiple eyes looked his way.

But instead of the three pairs of golden eyes he expected, there were tens of eyes from all colors looking at him.

Izuku quickly pushed himself against the wall on the opposite side of the door and positioned the broom in front of him.

It was as if these snakes multiplied every time he stopped looking!

Cautiously, two of the largest snakes approached him. One of them he'd already recognized as the one he'd met in the alley and the other was new, it seemed to look like a reticulated python straight out of a zoo.

As they came closer Izuku gripped the broom even harder and started to try and swat them away. Screw what the website said! That thing could eat him as a snack, there's no point in not aggravating it if it doesn't think he's a larger predator!

The thing's twice his size for goodness sake!

Izuku hissed as the broom cracked and a splinter impaled his palm.

The snakes stopped in their tracks when they heard that, not even moving an inch

It was a stalemate for a few seconds, neither of the parties moving at all.

Then a smaller snake with white scales and red eyes, probably albinism Izuku thought, slithered between the two larger ones and closer to him.

Which was weird because while Izuku didn't do any research on what species of snakes they were, hindsight's a really handy tool today now isn't it, he was pretty sure that snakes weren't pack animals.

If they were he would've heard of it because a group of thirty snakes ganging up on someone sounds terrifying.

Once the small snake was about half a foot away, it stopped.

Izuku's confusion could only grow for a few seconds before he felt a slight tugging on the inside of his skull.

Seeing as that is not a pleasant feeling and that he was already panicked, he ran the moment he felt it and jumped over the couch.

But due to the fact that he wasn't all that athletic and just now realized that he could run way faster than before, he lost balance and fell shoulder first against the floor.

Groaning, he got up and turned around so he could look over the couch and see if he could use it as some sort of barricade.

The snakes were following him, the three who seemed like they were the leaders of the horde weren't in sight, but the yen or so other snakes slithering straight for him were just as concerning.

Standing up he swiftly backed away and seeing the coffee table, jumped on it to be further away.

The coffee table wasn't all that high off the ground so it didn't help all that much unfortunately.

As all of the snakes surrounded him Izuku grew even more panicked, that feeling grew worse when some of the snakes tried getting on top of the table.

When one of them grazed him ankle he let out a distorted yelp, making him remember that the snakes kept stopping when he made those disturbing noises.

He felt that tugging inside his skull again, stronger this time, and looked around to see if he could spot the white snake who seemed to be the one responsible for it.

Spotting it, he threw caution to the wind and tried unhinging his jaw again. Now that he was actively trying to do it, his skin ripped like a hot knife to butter.

Not knowing what sound he should make, Izuku screamed as hard as he could.

Instead of the high-pitched yell of a young child, an incredibly loud screech that shattered his windows came out of his mouth.

Izuku was once again disturbed and scared of what he could do, though he thought that he'd have to get used to it eventually.

But all that mattered was that all the snakes had now backed away a fair bit so he had some breathing room.

It was another stalemate, this one dragged on silently and for roughly two minutes.

It was once again the small albino snake that approached him, much slower this time.

When it was a foot away it looked at a specific snake, this one a dark blue with black eyes, and the two had a staring contest.

After a few seconds the blue snake cautiously slithered to the albino snake, the blue one was a normal size so it was still larger than the albino, and nudged its head against the smaller snake's body.

Faint white lines between the blue ones scales lit up and before Izuku could snap out of his stupor, the tugging returned again.

This time it was much stronger.

He held his head and hissed in pain, some of the snakes moved backwards but most stayed rooted in their place.

His legs started to feel wobbly due to the pain and he started to feel a bit lightheaded.

Before he passed out, it felt like whatever was tugging at his mind had ripped something out.

The pain stopped immediately and before Izuku could process what was happening, he heard something.

A woman's voice.

Although he couldn't hear what she was saying.

He wasn't familiar with it, but what concerned him more was that it came from his head.

The voice spoke again, louder this time.

"Greetings, my Lord"