Chapter 36: Ensemble

Start from the beginning

We don't talk about it.

Nobody point it out.

Just as I was thinking to myself, I suddenly felt something bump into me and Cyril.

"Kyah!"

A cute voice could be heard in the courtyard, as everybody turned to look at the angelically cute, pink-haired, girl. One of her blue eyes closed as she winced in pain, as she fell down onto the ground.

This appearance...

Wait!

Aren't you the heroine?!

WEREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BUMP INTO THE VILLAINESS HERE?!

WHY ARE YOU BUMPING INTO THE CAPTURE TARGETS!?

WHY AM I EVEN HERE?!

THIS ISN'T WHERE I'M SUPPOSED TO APPEAR!!

Wait. Wait.

Let me calm down.

For reference, the heroine, on her first day at the school, was supposed to trip on a rock and bump into the villainess, making them both fall! That's when she gets on the bad side of Violet! Since she ruined both their first days, as people laughed in the crowd at both their appearances!

However, after Violet storms off with her entourage, that's when Cyril comes in and introduces himself as the first capture target!

He helps her up in a flirtatious manner, while apologizing for his fiancée, even though the heroine was the one at fault!(that stupid and dumb game! Justice for Violet I say! What say you, developers?!)

Anyway, that's how the first day was supposed to go!

SO!

WHY, PRAY TELL, HEROINE, ARE YOU BUMPING INTO THE CAPTURE TARGETS INSTEAD?!!

ARE YOU INSANE?! DID I REALLY MESS SOMETHING UP THAT BAD?!

THIS IS HEROINE 101 HERE!!

GET IT TOGETHER! PULL YOUR WEIGHT!!

Thank god for my forever stoic face, or else I would've definitely shown my disbelief directly on my face! Hurray for dead face!

Anyway, I don't really want to get involved with her, so I don't know if I should help her up or not. However, Cyril doesn't seem like he's about to go help either?! Stop worrying over me! Why does everybody think I'm so weak now?!

Before I could do anything else, however, Violet stepped up herself first.

Oh my god, is the first interaction still going to happen?! Is this really the rule of the world?!

As Violet leaned over towards the heroine, she reached a hand out!

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

Ah. Wait.

How did I almost forget the past 11 years of work I've done!

If Violet had acted like she did in the game, I would've disowned her myself! Hahahah!

Anyway, it seems I've really taught her well!

The heroine seemed to have gotten on some people's nerves for some reason(man, the power of a handsome face is actually pretty scary...), and some things were similar in the game. She made an embarrassment of herself for a second there, so there were many different reactions in the crowd, few that were good.

However, because Violet eloquently reached a hand out to the "pitiful" heroine first, I could hear that her image was greatly boosted! I don't know if she actually thought that far ahead, since she's naturally a good person right now, but it'll really help with her image!

I look back at them and the heroine looked unsure at first, before reaching a hand out.

Strange.

From what I know, the heroine would've been the type to take her hand quickly, with a smile on her face, completely oblivious to anything about etiquette or manners. She had a happy go lucky attitude and was as kind and gentle as a soft breeze.

Before I could think any further, it was as though the uncertainty in her eyes changed, as she looked to be the heroine I remember from the game!

Yo...

That's kind of creepy, not gonna lie...

"Thank you! It looks like I was too careless because of my excitement! I've always dreamed of attending this school, after all!"

I suddenly felt a cold chill down my spine, for some reason. I then turned to where I'm getting this feeling from, and the only person next to me, in that area, was Mika!

Are you okay?!

He's the last person I want behaving strangely!

Everybody else can act strange, but he can't!

As I was worrying, the feeling quickly calmed down, though it felt more like it was suppressed!

Why are you like this?!

Do you know how much you've shortened my lifespan, since I met you?!

As I coughed blood in my head, I suddenly noticed a different gaze on me.

Coming from the infamous heroine herself, I feel as though she's taking glances at both me, Cyril, and Mika.

I guess it's not that strange, since we're all handsome and stuff. At this point, I'm half-expecting all the other capture targets to appear!

I suddenly feel a familiar presence that almost makes me hide in a shadow! Luckily, I remember I had no need to right now!

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear!

Walking into the courtyard, a long green-haired man made his handsome appearance! His gold-rimmed and intricate spectacles framed his beautiful face, as they rested on his long elf ears. Many students couldn't help looking at his ethereal beauty, as he approached us.

...

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE TOO, LUC?!

No! Seriously!

He may be a capture target, but he only appears in the middle of the first semester!

How is he here right now?!

How did everything spiral so out of control in this world?!

How much did I change things?!

AND WHY IS HE APPROACHING US?!

GOD, DO YOU WANT TO KILL ME FROM SHOCK, BECAUSE I WAS MESSING WITH THINGS?!

I CAN FEEL ANOTHER ULCER COMING!