Chapter 34: Knowledge

Heheh...

Hahah...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!

Holding a single piece of paper in my hand, I laugh to myself in my head. My arms are trembling but my face remains as stoic as ever.

It's done...

It's finally done!!

The first working prototype of the printing press!

No incorrect words are appearing! No explosions! No casualties!

If I didn't have to keep up my appearance, I would be on the ground, thanking God for this miracle!

"Sir, how is it?"

A brown-haired man in a brown cap looked nervously. He was proud of his work, but was still anxious, talking to his boss. However, he was talking to the taller, hooded figure next to me. He would occasionally sneak casual glances at me, with a confused look on his face, but he quickly recovered.

It makes sense though.

With my hood and height, I look like a child. Riven, who is next to me, is still playing the part of Sigil. Until the proper time, I still have him as my double. That's why it makes sense he's confused about this random tag-a-long kid. However, there was no way I was missing this chance to see my baby being born!

I motioned to Riven, and he started playing the part.

"You've exceeded my expectations. Your work will be greatly rewarded."

The brown-haired man beamed.

He was one of my main inventors, and I really do have to thank him. He's one of many that had to look through my incomplete blueprints and figure out what's what. Truly, he's the real MVP.

With this newfound technology within my grasps, I'll be able to amass even more of a fortune! However, that is only part of my true goal...

I've been meaning to create my own publishing office, actually. To create many more books that are suited for not only scholars but for the common people. With a much easier way to produce these books, and also more material that the common people could enjoy, literacy rates will go up, and even more people will hopefully be invested in this art form.

Now then, if an interest in books starts to rise, what else happens?

Right. More writers. Meaning more books that are for solely entertainment purposes.

Meaning, I get to have more entertainment to read!

I may read any book I come across, but even I want to read something interesting!

The most interesting things are children's books at this point! The only thing else with a semblance of a plot would be those cheesy romance novels! I can't even read most of them, due to the fact that they're mostly for adult women!

Anyway, with my plan, most people should hopefully come forth and let out all the creativity that is trapped in their heads!

And!

With a little bit of market manipulation, I'll hopefully be able to reproduce a new and beautiful medium and tradition! Many people enjoyed this, even back in my old world. It became much more popular over the years, and even schools had them in their library! The holy genesis of entertainment!

Manga!

You can call them manga or even comics, but they are by far one of the most interesting ways to produce a story.

...in my opinion...

Don't judge me.

I like pictures.