Chapter Fourteen

*****NOAH'S POV*****

I watched as Abigail walked towards the bathroom. She stopped for a moment to turn back and look at me. She smiled warmly and my heart fluttered. Damn the effect that woman has on me. I watched her disappear into the bathroom and I sighed. Turning to face my brother.

"Okay, what do you want, Mason? And you better make this good." I was no longer hiding my displeasure as I spat my words out at him. He held his hands up in surrender as if trying to say that he came in peace.

"Woah there, cowboy. Calm down. No need to get all feisty." His words only irritated me more.

"I'll say it again, and for the last time. What. do. you. want. Mason?" My voice dripped with annoying but I didn't give a damn. He was keeping me from my girl who was naked in my shower right now. I briefly let my mind wander to her perfect body and my dick twitched in agreement. Fuck. Pull it together. You have to deal with your fucking brother first.

"It's dad."

"What about dad?" I snapped back.

"He's sick."

"And I give a fuck, why?"

"Oh come on, Noah. Don't be like that."

"And what the hell am I supposed to be like, Mason? The man fucking left us?" I was practically shouting at this point and I could feel my blood boiling.

"He's been trying to make up for that and you know it. I think we owe it to him to be there for him in his time of need." I completely fucking lost it.

"I don't owe him shit! He wasn't there for us when we needed him, so excuse me if I don't give a damn that he needs us. He can drop dead for all I give a shit." Mason was taken back.

"You know you don't mean that."

"Like hell, I don't. I have absolutely no feelings towards that man except disdain. I couldn't care less that he's sick. That's not my fucking problem. Now get the fuck out of my house. I have nothing more to say to you."

I know what I said was a bit harsh but what was I supposed to do? My father walked out on us when we were little, without so much as a goodbye. He was gone for over fifteen years then all of a sudden, he shows up at our doorstep wanting to be a part of our lives again as if nothing ever happened. Mason forgave him so easily but I guess he was more involved in Mason's life than mine. I was only five when he left. Mason was ten. Mason got five years' worth of time with our father that I never got, nor will I ever get. And I hated Mason for that. But most of all, I hated our father. Because I couldn't understand why he left. But what five-year-old could when his daddy just leaves.

"Noah. I know that you're angry. And you have every right to be. But he's dying. And if you don't go see him now, you may never have the chance to. Can you really live with that?" 

Mason had a point. But what was I supposed to do?

"Mason, I can't forgive him for what he did."

"I don't expect you to. All I ask is that you go and say goodbye. Be the bigger man and give him a courtesy that he never gave us."

I stood there thinking about it when I heard the door to the bathroom open. I looked over and saw Abigail walking into my room in nothing but a towel, water dripping down her body and rolling down her flawless skin. Fuck, she's perfect. She closed the door to my bedroom and I imagined her naked, spread out over my bed. My cock twitched at the thought and it took everything in me to pull my mind away from the naked woman in my room, and back on the unsettling conversation that I would rather not be having.