Chapter Three

When I woke up, I was a little disappointed to find that I was alone. I spread my arms as wide as they could go as I stretched from the rigorous activities the night before. I had a slight headache from the amount of alcohol I drank, but other than that, I have never woken up more refreshed.

I jumped when I heard a sound coming from my kitchen. Perhaps he didn't leave after all. Oh, how I would love to have that man for breakfast. It'd be the perfect way to start my day.

I slid out of bed, wrapped myself in my dark purple silk robe, and headed for the kitchen. When I walked in, I saw Savannah rummaging through my cupboards; a pot of coffee already brewing.

"Good morning," I said while calmly taking a seat at the bar. Savannah jumped and almost hit her head on the shelf.

"Jesus, Abi. Why do you gotta sneak up on me like that?"

"Says the one who broke into my house."

"I didn't break in. I have a key. Remember?"

"You mean the key I gave you for emergencies?"

"This is an emergency. I'm extremely hungover, and I'm out of coffee." I rolled my eyes as I watched her pouring us each a cup. A slight smirk spread across my face. As she handed me my coffee, prepared just the way I like it, she eyed me up and down.

"What?"I asked through the steam of my cup.

"You brought a guy home? Is he still here?" She turned to head to my room until my answer brought her back to the counter. "So, tell me everything."

"There's not much to tell. I had a one-night stand. That's it."

"Was he hot?"

"Unbelievably hot. And very well put together."

"Was the sex good?"

"Extremely."

"Girl, you've got to give me more than that!" She was practically frothing at the mouth, begging for more details. And of course, I caved and told her everything. "Oh my god! Please tell me you're seeing him again!"

"Highly unlikely, Sav. I don't even know his full name. Besides, you know I'm trying to focus on my career right now."

"I know. But there is nothing wrong with having a little fun along the way. And it sounds to me like Noah is reveling." I rolled my eyes. Once again, she was right. Noah was the most fun I've had, well, ever. But last night was it because I'll probably never see him again.

"Can we forget about it? I want to sit here, enjoy my coffee and not talk about my sex life."

"Ugh, fine. Are we still going shopping today?" Now that I had a position at FLA, I needed to buy a whole new wardrobe to abide by their dress code. Unfortunately for my bank account, that dress code comes with a hefty price tag. It's a good thing I will be making enough to cover all of my expenses and still have money left over.

"Yes. I'm going to get dressed so we can go. Finish your emergency coffee." Savannah giggled as I walked to my bedroom. I slipped into some pink cotton panties and a matching push-up bra. I decided that a loose-fitting black dress would be the easiest thing to try on clothes. I pulled on some black sandals and headed back to the living room, where Savannah was patiently waiting to go.

"About time. Did you have to make that dress yourself?" She joked when she saw me enter the room.

"Shut up. You know you take ten times as long as I do." I fired back.

"Yeah, I know. That doesn't mean I can't tease you." The amount of times I roll my eyes at this girl in a day is astonishing.

--------------------------------------------------------------