Chapter-7: The Proposal.

Start from the beginning

Just then mama and another girl entered the dining area.

It is definitely that Adam!

Allah whatever sort of thing this is with which you are testing, please help me!

"Assalamualaikum" she exclaimed smiling widely as if she was seeing me for the first time, well technically she is.

"Walaikumassalam" I replied glancing towards her and then quickly looking towards mama.

My heart rate was drastically increasing while my mind was slowly registering the current scenario.

"Come let's sit here" mama said walking towards the chairs.

I sat on the chair just beside mama while both of them sat across us.

"I understand that all this is quite sudden to all of you but when we started the talk of Adam's marriage he seemed a bit hesitant and then Aisha came up with your suggestion and we saw how Adam silently agreed to it, although he didn't say anything and that is the reason we put forward this proposal." The aunty spoke -whose name I didn't know yet-.

So his sister's name was Aisha.

And I definitely heard everything other than her name. So they don't know about the little encounter I had with her son the other day. But I'm certain that his sister knows because her little smile is really suggestive and now when I think about it I'm quite sure that it was her who called me saying that Miss. Henley had asked for me.

I lift my head up to see all the three women staring back at me. Ya Allah, how did I even zone out in this situation?

"Maira, why don't you take Aisha upstairs to your room and have a little friend's talk?" mama asked eyeing me pointedly clearly leaving no room for disagreement.

"Sure, come on" I said looking towards Aisha and getting up.

I opened the door to my room thinking about the awkwardness we both are going to face.

What are even supposed to speak about?

Aisha enters behind me and closes the door.

Okayy.

"Look I know this is going to be a hell lot of awkward and you would have thousands of questions to ask. But before you ask anything, I'll myself clear it out for you." She said in a single breath.

I nodded my head slowly saying a quiet okay.

"Let's sit here first" I said motioning towards the end-of-bed cushion bench.

"The first thing which my brother said to tell you was sorry." she says as soon as she sits.

I furrow my eyebrows. Sorry?

"Yes, he is sorry for behaving the way he behaved on the other day in the classroom though he wouldn't tell me exactly what he did." She said feigning annoyance causing me to smile lightly.

"He is also sorry for bringing this proposal to you, not that he didn't want to, it's just that he doesn't want to enforce you into something you don't want to do." She reasoned.

I just hummed, not knowing what to say exactly.

"He never wanted to impede in your privacy but when baba started the topic of his marriage he couldn't get himself to say anything." She continued.

"I asked him later as to why he behaved the way he did, he said that he was not ready for any sort of commitment like that but just after a second of saying that he shook his head as though realizing something and then saying it was not the actual reason. He said that he could not get off his mind from you to think about someone else." She said grinning and nudging my shoulder and I felt my face heat up.

She doesn't have to say every detail.

"But he didn't want to drag you in all of this but I talked him out and told him that we'll first try to give this alliance a chance before ending it even before beginning it." she finished sighing exaggeratedly.

"Come on, say something" she spoke again.

A feeling of déjà vu surged through me of her brother.

I shook my head slightly, in an attempt to remove his picture from my thoughts.

"All this is so sudden that I don't even know what to think anymore" I said.

"I know, I can understand how difficult it would be for you but one thing that I can say is that my brother is totally whipped for you" she said causing me to lower my eyes.

"Take your time and give your answer, you might as well do istikhara to seek Allah's help. I don't want to persuade you into saying yes at all, it's your decision to make and Adam will accept it truly with his heart."

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

Alhamdulillah!!!

Do let me know your thoughts in the comment section below 🔽🔽🔽

What do you expect from the upcoming chapters? please comment!!

Don't be a silent reader
Please vote and comment
JazakAllahu khairan