- sixteen -

I immediately turn around and throw my ice skates off, I hear footsteps from behind me, "madison!"

Daniel comes in front of me, I slide into my shoes and start walking towards the exit.

"I can explain, please let me explain," he lets out breathily.

"you should've just said yes to her!" I say tears brimming in my eyes.

"no. it's not like that." he says squeezing his eyes shut, "she was just there, then she started talking shit about you and," he lets out a breath from talking fast.

"then she must've seen you and she pulled me into her and kissed me!" he says on the verge of tears, "I promise I didn't want to kiss her."

"is this a new excuse, Daniel?"

"no madison, please I promise you." he begs.

I shake my head and start walking to our room, "madison please, I'm telling the truth!" he pleads tears rolling down his face.

"madison," he lets out a big sigh, "I still love you."

I freeze and my breathing gets heavier, "don't. just don't throw those words around."

"what?"

"Daniel you don't mean it," I say turning around to face the boy.

"you don't think I mean it? Madison, I've fucking loved you since I met you." he says out of breathe, "I have loved you for the past one and a half years!"

"then whyd you leave me, Daniel?"

"I didn't have a choice!" Daniel says pinching the bridge of his nose, "everything was going well!"

"but then David started fucking all of us up, he started forcing us to make decisions we didn't want to," he pauses, "he threatened you."

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion, "what?"

"he said if I don't leave you then he'd throw you out of the music industry and drag your reputation down." Daniel lets out a cry, "he wanted to kill your happiness, I couldn't let that happen."

"so why are you here now?" I ask tilting my head.

"because we got rid of David!" he opens his mouth and closes it again.

I shake my head, trying to wrap my finger on everything. so left me because he was forced to.

"you didn't text me, you didn't call, nothing." I say narrowing my eyes at him.

"he was checking my phone and everything, so I couldn't. I'm so sorry."

"Daniel, sorry doesn't fix everything." I say shaking my head.

"please let me fix this." he says walking nearer me, "please."

he grabs my hands in his, "just give me one more chance, mads."

I contemplate for a second. It wasn't his fault that he left me, but he could've at least tried talking to me through anyone else.

I heave in a breath and nod my head, "fine."

Daniel smiles widely, wiping his tears off of his face, "I promise I'll make it up to you."

I nod my head and smile at the boy, "all I want is your lips on mine, right now," he says smiling cheekily.

I laugh and give him a peck, "hey that was not a proper one!" he whines, I roll my eyes and start walking back to the ice rink.

"that's not fair," Daniel says interlocking our hands.